A taste of freedom

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

missingu

A taste of freedom

#1 Post by missingu »

I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this, to help me move past my little roadblock.

Last week I had my braces of 2 months removed because of chronic technical problems (long story, don't ask, it's on another thread) with the agreement of the ortho (had Damons, am getting ceramic). I am scheduled to be rebraced in 3 weeks, but am kind of dreading it because...

I have had a taste of freedom, and don't want to go back to braces again!

Maybe I'm different from others here, but I didn't enjoy the experience, though maybe this time will be better, but I am really dreading it. Especially since I have heard ceramics are "bulkier" on the tooth and mouth, when my mouth was really cut up previously.

Anyone tasted freedom and had to give it up, all within a month?

jennandtonic

#2 Post by jennandtonic »

I can imagine that you like having them off...who wouldn't? I'd love to be able to bite into a corn on the cob again!

However, my urge to have great teeth is stronger than my urge to have corn on the cob. Any time I think 'what have I done?!' I look at pictures of how my teeth were. I remember how I hated how they looked and feel better immediately.[/i]