Retainer Brite and Sonic Cleaner

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirst1583

Retainer Brite and Sonic Cleaner

#1 Post by kirst1583 »

Hi everyone.

I'm getting my braces off soon and am interested in purchasing retainer brite (and probably also the sonic cleaner).

For those of you using it... I just wondered if you could tell me whether you also have to brush your retainer with a toothbrush and toothpaste? Or is the retainer brite instead of that?

I just want to be prepared for when the braces come off.

Thanks in advance :wink:

downhillsnowskier

#2 Post by downhillsnowskier »

Thats a great question. I just brush any plague or food particles off of mine with a toothbrush under cold running water and then put a The cleaner that starts with the letter P that has been used in spam posts, so it's censored. tablet in a glass, put the retainers over the tablet, and fill it with water. I've noticed if I don't brush them first, the The cleaner that starts with the letter P that has been used in spam posts, so it's censored. won't get them clean but the way I do it now works fine. If I don't clean them once a day, they'll smell like a wet dog.

downhillsnowskier

#3 Post by downhillsnowskier »

I just read the spammer post on the other message board! Apparently someone was spamming the board with posts about a certain denture cleaner and the admin censors the post to remove that word. I'm no spammer, but I do use a denture cleaner that starts with a P, no sales pitch intended!

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

Meryaten wrote:ROFLMAO! :lol: Have to admit I was thinking that "My ugly face spammer" was an odd name for a braces cleaning product!
LMAO - I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the other post yesterday. Today I knew better though! :wink:

downhillsnowskier - Thanks for your response. I was looking on both the retainer brite and i don't think so websites and it appears with the i don't think so you are supposed to brush your retainer before and after using it, but there's no mention of it with retainer brite.

Meryaten - I was thinking the same as you, except with Hawley's. I don't want it to end up all scratched and yuck. Not sure if that happens.. but I tend to think that's what brushing could do to it!

lilleth

#5 Post by lilleth »

Does retainer brite work better than plain old denture cleaner?

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

According to the manufacturer of Retainer Brite, the product is specially formulated to clean retainers as opposed to dentures. Retainer Brite is made by the company that makes clear Essix retainers and says that its formulation will not yellow or dull plastic the way the denture cleaners may do over time.

If your retainer has a lot of white buildup, the SonicBrite product works better at removing it, because it is more powerful.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!