And They're Off...NOT!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hello Kitty

And They're Off...NOT!

#1 Post by Hello Kitty »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I am bummed, I know all of you would understand. I was supposed to get my braces off today. Well, my insurance co. hasn't made payment to my Orthodontist, so they canceled my debanding. Has this happened to anyone else? How long will it take before it's resolved? I paid in full for my part of the deductable-I did it so I could get the discount. Now, I'm going to be on the phone all day with my insurance-ugh.
I just hope I don't have to get stuck wearing them for an additional month....I was *so* looking forward to this day...(sigh)
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06

Hello Kitty

#2 Post by Hello Kitty »

I found out that it had to do with my refferal, from my Dentist. I guess my Orthodontists office lost or misplaced it. The thing is, the Dentist that wrote me the refferal (2 years ago) is no longer is my insurance plan. I don't know if that poses a problem- but they are getting it straightened out.
My Orthodontist rescheduled my appointment- for May 23- so I have to wait 2 more weeks.
Oh, the agony!
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06

smilezofmetal2

#3 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

I can relate to the part of going in to the office and being told that they arent coming off...it really sucks...but keep in my mind it is worth it...trust me.

mtbrncofn

#4 Post by mtbrncofn »

Oh what a disappointment, HK! I'm sorry. Talk about ruin your month. Two weeks isn't too bad!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

ItsGavinC

#5 Post by ItsGavinC »

Lucyloop wrote:What a crappy thing to happen! :shock: I've not heard of them refusing to deband someone over payment. How petty!
Tell me you're joking. Do you not think the dentist should be paid for his work?

Along the lines of your logic, it's okay to steal. Is it okay to steal?

johnnys_angel

#6 Post by johnnys_angel »

Lucyloop wrote:Can you not take a hammer & chisel to them yourself instead?! :wink: I'd be seriously tempted!! LOL :lol:

LUCY xxx
Haha I can't count how many times that thought crossed my mind before getting my braces off ;) :lol:
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Hello Kitty

#7 Post by Hello Kitty »

Hi Everyone!
I've been working on finding out what's going on with the paperwork and my insurance co. The refferal that was missing is on it's way to the insurance co. Now, they just need to process it. I'm hoping I don't have to wait until it's completed before they can do my debanding.
I have an appointment next Tuesday- I hope all goes well and they take them off. My Ortho wouldn't say for sure- but as long as my claim is in the works of being processed, I don't see why I'd have to wait again.
Cross your fingers for me! I'm not so bummed anymore- waiting two more weeks was no big deal. However if I have to wait say another month, then I will be tempted to take them off myself with pliers!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06