Q: Getting an Essix retainer the following day....

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

S_Ranger

Q: Getting an Essix retainer the following day....

#1 Post by S_Ranger »

Well,

Long story short I'm getting deployed overseas in July. So my braces are coming off this monday. The ortho said I can go in at 3, get them off, but I won't get my clear retainer until the following day. Will my teeth relapse a lot over the night? I've had braces before but for only 2 months due to me signing up for the Army. Seems the Army is always putting a hold on my treatment. The first time they gave me a clear retainer the following day also, and it was so hard to put on. A year passed and I had a lot of holes from eating with it on.

I noticed that evertime I took my retainer off my teeth looked different. Their were spaces in my front teeth so I decided to get braced again. My teeth look fine now. So I'm just extremely worried that since I'll be issued a essix retainer only my teeth are going to relapse a lot again! I've been braced for 10 months btw. Any motivations , experience is appreciated.

blue-eyed-girl

#2 Post by blue-eyed-girl »

No..they shouldn't relapse much over night at all....and what they do the retainers will fix.

When I got my braces off, I waited a week for my clear retainers..they were tight for a few days...but then they were fine.

Jim G.

#3 Post by Jim G. »

Not overnight. I got my braces off on a Friday and got top and bottom Essix retainers on Monday. There was tightness for about a day tops and that was it.
Braced: Sept. 27, 2004
Debanding: May 5, 2006

S_Ranger

#4 Post by S_Ranger »

Whew..Thanks. I'll post results and pics. I'm anxious...I'm dissing girls cuz I'm so self consious.