And they're off!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Duffle

And they're off!!

#1 Post by Duffle »

And I'm much more happy with them than I thought I'd be, not that I'd thought I'd be unhappy. So I'm glad I had the foresight to make an appointment at the hairdressers after my de-banding as it gave me a legitimate opportunity to look at myself in the mirror for 2 hours or more! :D

The de-banding itself was OK. The lower damons came off in 2 minutes, the ceramic uppers were a little bit more tricky. The worse bit was the fixing of the permanent retainers and then the grinding away of the glue. Apartment from that it was all fine. Though they sprung another set of impressions on me, which I wasn't too happy about as it always makes me gag.

KittyW

#2 Post by KittyW »

YAY!!! Congrats!!

I spent the better part of my first day out of braces just staring at my new teeth in the mirror! Doesn't it feel wonderful? :D
Kitty
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006