June 16th can't come fast enough!!!!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

naomi

June 16th can't come fast enough!!!!

#1 Post by naomi »

I had my final adjustment on friday and the orthodontist said that at my next appointment he'll remove my braces!!!!! :banana: The estimated time I'd have braces was 30 months and I've only had to wear them for 24 months! I was ecstatic when I found out and I asked him if I'd have to wait the usual time between adjustments (8-9 weeks) before I come back to see him. He spoke with his assistant and they were able to fit me for my debanding on June 16th which is just 2 weeks away. I thought I'd be getting my braces off soon but I didn't know it would be THIS soon!! I was suppose to go to the dentist's for a cleaning this week but I cancelled my appointment and I'm going to rebook it for sometime after my braces come off. I'm a little worried that I might have some staining when the braces are removed even though I'm a pretty good brusher. I think it might just be the glue around the brackets that's stained though.

Anyways, I've been so patient while spending the last 2 years in braces and now that I know I'm getting them off so soon I am incredibly impatient lol.
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

braceface75

#2 Post by braceface75 »

Congratulations!! It will be here before you know it.
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006

jaws

#3 Post by jaws »

Congrats Naomi! I totally understand what you're saying about the patience thing...I was completely patient the entire time I had braces, and now that I'm looking at being debanded sometime in June I am SO impatient! Every day seems to drag by...but don't worry, the debanding day has to come eventually! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

Evelyn

#4 Post by Evelyn »

wahoo! Congrats Naomi! June 16th will be a great day, let us know how it goes!
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

Great News, Naomi!
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Veruka_Salt

#6 Post by Veruka_Salt »

Good luck on the 16th. Mine are coming off on the 14th :D so I will try to post some pics up to keep you inspired!

I've had them on for 21 months, after thinking that it would only take 12 - 18.

naomi

#7 Post by naomi »

Congrats and good luck to you also Veruka_Salt! I'm a little jealous though that you get your braces off 2 days before me lol..
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono

pharie

#8 Post by pharie »

BIG CONGRATS!! MY BRACES COME OFF ON THE 19TH OF JUNE AND I AM SO EXCITED! GOOD LUCK!
Ceramic and metal since 4th Jan '05

Naked Teeth and wearing Essix retainers as of 19th June '06