What did your ortho do toward end of treatment?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fins

What did your ortho do toward end of treatment?

#1 Post by fins »

In the last few months leading up to debanding, what did your ortho do? I'm getting close to having mine removed and I wondered if they do little touch up things, for instance, moving a single tooth into better alignment or things like that.
Last edited by fins on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

fins

retainer with bite block?

#2 Post by fins »

Is there a retainer with a bite block? Anyone have this?

jaws

#3 Post by jaws »

I am in the last month or so of my treatment, and my ortho is being excrutiating with the details! I have been in every week for the past 3 weeks, and every time I go in he tries to tweak one tooth by 1mm. I'm glad he's taking his time to make things perfect, but in some ways I just want it to be over!!

Your ortho might do a little detail work, or you might not need it. I think it varies from case to case.
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

pharie

#4 Post by pharie »

MY BRACES ARE COMING OFF ON JUNE 19 AND AT MY LAST APPOINTMENT I ASKED ABOUT A SMALL GAP I HAVE STILL GOT AND THE SHAPE OF SOME OF MY TEETH. I THOUGHT ALL THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE PERFECT BEFORE THE BRACES CAME OFF. HOWEVER MY ORTHO IS A BIG BELIEVER IN LETTING THE TEETH "SETTLE" AFTER DE-BANDING AND TOLD ME THAT THE GAP WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND HE WOULD SHAPE MY TEETH (SOME ARE A BIT MISHAPEN DUE TO BEING CROOKED FOR SO LONG) TWO OR THREE MONTHS AFTER DEBANDING. EVEN THOUGH THIS SEEMS A BIT WEIRD TO ME, HE HAS MADE AN AMAZING JOB OF MY TEETH SO FAR AND I TRUST HIS JUDGMENT. GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS.
Ceramic and metal since 4th Jan '05

Naked Teeth and wearing Essix retainers as of 19th June '06