I wanna party like it's my birthday...

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MarilynT

I wanna party like it's my birthday...

#1 Post by MarilynT »

So, June 20th is the day. After 3 1/2 years, the braces are coming off. I'll be using a positioner for a month before getting my retainers. If she had her way, my orthodontist would have me keep the braces until August, but I have reached the end of my tolerance for the braces. I hope I'm not making a mistake, but I am just SO ready to be done.

But my REAL question is this. I'd like to do something nice for the staff in my orthodontist's small office to express my gratitude and mark the occasion. Any ideas or suggestions of something fun? I've toyed with the idea of getting them each a can of "Off" bug spray, but that seemed like it would be only funny, and not much in the way of showing gratitude. Any ideas?

smilezofmetal2

#2 Post by smilezofmetal2 »

How about those REALLY REALLY oversized cards...so that they can keep it in the office..or cartoon posters that make fun of orthos http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/O ... _gifts.asp ?

MarilynT

#3 Post by MarilynT »

Thanks for the idea, smilez! I found some earrings that look like dental floss that I'm going to give the techs. Then I decided that I'm going to decorate a tooth-shaped cake and give it to them.