What color Hawley did you get?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

What color Hawley did you get?

#1 Post by Evelyn »

Hey! I'm getting a Hawley retainer when I get my braces off on July 5, and on June 7 I'm going in for impressions and I get to choose the color/design of the retainer.

Which got me wondering...for those of you with Hawleys, what colors did you get? Are you happy with the choices? Any recommendations?

Thanks, Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

KittyW

#2 Post by KittyW »

Good question! In all of the excitement of being debanded, I THINK I chose a light pink/mouth color with mini glitter. I'll find out tomorrow. It's been 3 weeks since the braces came off and it all happened so quickly that my head is still spinning! :D
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

downhillsnowskier

#3 Post by downhillsnowskier »

I just went with the regular mouth color. If mine get remade I'll go with a different color, maybe red. From what I've heard, they get thicker if you put designs on them, so I wanted the thinnest possible.

kirst1583

#4 Post by kirst1583 »

Mine is blue and i'm really happy with it. Blue has always been my favourite colour so it was the easiest decision i've ever made!

Evelyn

#5 Post by Evelyn »

well I went today and I got to choose my color. They didn't have sparkles which I was originally planning on getting, so I got a clear-pink kind of color with a sticker of whinny the pooh on it. I thought it was cute, and besides, no one sees it since it's in your mouth! Can't wait till it comes and I can actually see it....

Eve
Last edited by Evelyn on Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braced September 9, 2002

kirst1583

#6 Post by kirst1583 »

That sounds cool :D
You'll have to post a pic when you get it!

flotsam

#7 Post by flotsam »

I got turquoise with royal blue polka dots for my bottom Hawley. Big surprise, though (noticed, with some shock, by my BF one night): It glows in the dark. Who knew? :-)

Evelyn

#8 Post by Evelyn »

That sounds awewsome flotsam!
Braced September 9, 2002

flotsam

#9 Post by flotsam »

It is indeed pretty cool -- thanks, Evelyn! Now if only I could get rid of this stinking (literally and figuratively) Essix. :roll:

Veruka_Salt

#10 Post by Veruka_Salt »

Just went with plain clear. I thought the flesh colour looked pretty foul (sorry downhillskier!) and I didn't want a design. My ortho didn't want me to do it - he said they're easier to lose - but I promised to be very careful with them. For a device that looks so small and thin in your hand, it feels pretty clunky in my mouth!

I'm really keen to hear what people who have both a Hawley and Essix think about them comparatively. My ortho has said I can get an Essix if I want for wearing to work, but I get the impression from people on these boards that they're not that great. Flotsam, what are your thoughts?

naomi

#11 Post by naomi »

I get my retainer on wednesday. I picked out a purple one with sparkles.
Braced on: June 28, 2004
Debanding : June 16th 2006

To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater.
Bono