Molar band spaces

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Attagirl2

Molar band spaces

#1 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi all, figured this would be the place to ask my question. For those of you who had molar bands, did you end up with spaces between your back teeth after they were removed. If you did, was the orthodontist able to close them, or did they close on their own...

I am not at retainers yet, but am getting closer - but not as close as I would have liked. :(

Thanks for your responses. Attagirl
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

IntentionallyBlank

#2 Post by IntentionallyBlank »

i was just thinking the same thing about 10 mins ago...

good question!
"There is no dark side of the moon, as a matter of fact... it's all dark."

jaws

#3 Post by jaws »

I just had my molar bands removed on Tuesday, and there are definitely spaces where they used to be (it feels so weird to floss in there!). When the hygenist was taking the bands off, she told me that there would be spaces from the bands, but that they would close on their own. I hope she's right! :D
Braces are Now Off!
Metal Braces Top and Bottom
Expanders Top and Bottom
April 11th 2005-June 27th 2006

braces_2come

#4 Post by braces_2come »

i have a question, i was wondering how they take the molar bands off? because there glued and i was wondering if they just pulle them off just like that or how do they do it?? DOES It hurt I verly got braces and im already concerned about that :?

erica

#5 Post by erica »

My ortho also assured me that the molar band gaps will close on their own. According to him, adults' molars naturally shift toward the front of the mouth as we age.

Regarding braces_2come's question, I'm looking forward to reading what people have to say. My braces come off two weeks from today, and I've been having lots of "what if they accidentally pull out my teeth too?" nightmares! :wink:
Braced 10/13/04
Debanded on 07/11/06!!! :)
Currently in upper and lower Essix retainers 24/7.

braces_2come

#6 Post by braces_2come »

thats great to hear that there not a big issue, thanks And i Also have a Crown involved, they put a molar band on the corwn i have so i hope it wont get lose or come off :? thanks again

Chris

#7 Post by Chris »

I'm wondering how long it will take for the gum tissue to heal over too since I have to get a bridge put in afterwards and it needs to fit properly. Any ortho tell you how long to wait before getting prepped for crowns afterwards?
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007