who will have retainers forever?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sjsarre

#16 Post by sjsarre »

I was not advised by my ortho that I would need to wear retainers for the rest of my life yet I have heard it on this forum quite alot. My ortho said 2 years maximum, but I guess the longer you are prepared to wear them then I guess the less chance there is of your teeth slipping back out of place

Eleni

#17 Post by Eleni »

(Sagging boobs are enough for me - no need for me to have sagging teeth as well!)
I will forever now associate my retainer to my bra!! Image

But you do make a good point. :thumbsup:
Top Ceramic Braces: July 2004 - Self-Eruption of an Impacted Upper Right Canine
Bottom Metal Braces: December 2005 - Crowding
Debanded: December 2006
The story

JumpTheDitch

#18 Post by JumpTheDitch »

My ortho said 24/7 for a 2-3 years, then nights forever, though he didn't differentiate between every night and regular nights.

His words were "... then, if you like them the way they are...."
You get the picture. I guess you can't ever say for sure what you will do, but I can't imagine I'd be pleased with myself for letting all this hard work go to waste.

***If these braces ever come off that is; even though my time's scheduled to be comparatively shorter than most, I'm starting to feel like I was born with this hardware... :roll: