Braces vs. retainer. What's easier?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MATEO'S

#16 Post by MATEO'S »

i think braces are the worst with the flossing and when you eat you have to run to the bathroom to check whats left in your teeth from your lunch :roll: im getting my braces off in less than a month and i sooo loking forward to have my retainer...so i say retainers :wink:

blue

#17 Post by blue »

MATEO'S wrote:i think braces are the worst with the flossing and when you eat you have to run to the bathroom to check whats left in your teeth from your lunch :roll: im getting my braces off in less than a month and i sooo loking forward to have my retainer...so i say retainers :wink:
After 8 years of braces, I got very good at "sucking" any debris out of them after eating. It was never really an issue for me. If I had the chance to brush, even better.

jennielee81

#18 Post by jennielee81 »

Making an "S" or "CH" sound is so difficult with retainers. I've been practicing "Sally sells seashells..." when I'm alone to see if I can figure it out.
For me, I say, "Reisterstown church".. :lol:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

PaulJames

#19 Post by PaulJames »

I just got my braces off last week, got my retainer today!
And I can easily say that braces are much much much much much BETTER!!!!
The retainer is really getting on my nerves, it hurts, it's bad speech and u notice its there all the time!!!!!!!