Dental Work

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirst1583

Dental Work

#1 Post by kirst1583 »

Hi everyone,
I'm getting my braces off in 6 weeks (not that i'm counting or anything), but I broke my front tooth years ago when I fainted and landed on cement.
I need to get it fixed cosmetically, because it's a dark colour and you can see where my real tooth and the bit they added join.
Has anyone had experience with this kind of thing once their braces were removed?
I want to make an appointment to see the dentist the same day and have it fixed, but i'm not sure if there's some kind of settling period I need to wait.
I'll ask my ortho when I call (because I also need to arrange to get a mouthguard for when I play softball).. but I thought i'd just ask and see if anyone has been in a similar situation.
Thanks! :D

JumpTheDitch

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Kirst1583 braces off in six weeks, that's great news! You must be so excited! :jump:

kirst1583

#3 Post by kirst1583 »

Thanks! Yeah sure am.. I can't wait. Down to 5 weeks now which is even better :wink:
I'm lots more excited now too because I called in to the orthos today to ask about the front tooth thing. He said from his perspective it doesn't matter and that I can get it done the same day. I went straight to the dentist and made the appointment.
So I have 10.15am for debanding then 2pm for the dentist (quite a day.. but definitely worth it). :-)o :D