Should I be worried?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jim G.

Should I be worried?

#1 Post by Jim G. »

I've had my braces off for about 2 months and I have clear essix retainers top and bottom. Just recently(about a week ago), one of the front middle two teeth(not good with tooth names) has shifted downward. I am kind of surprised and disappointed because I wear my retainers as directed, 24/7 except when I'm eating. Now because that tooth is down the rest of the retainer isn't fully up against all the other teeth because of the one tooth thats touching the retainer first and holding it down(if that makes any sense). I just visited the orthodontist a month ago and am not scheduled for another appt for another 2 months or so. Should I call and explain what happened? Would appreciate some help and insight. Thanks.
Braced: Sept. 27, 2004
Debanding: May 5, 2006

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi Jim. I am not in retainers - yet, but it seems to me that if you don't get that tooth corrected, it is going to play havic in your mouth. Not having the aligner correctly placed, will cause all the other teeth to move... I would call the orthodontist Monday morning and explain the situation to them, let them be the decision maker....

Good luck to you,
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers