if my ortho says clear retainer does she mean....

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

totheend

if my ortho says clear retainer does she mean....

#1 Post by totheend »

those invisalign type trays?? like the one worn here:

I'm getitng mine next week and I forgot to ask what they meant by 'clear retainers'.

Also, do they look liek the one in the picture?? 'cause that's not really invisible, it's pretty darn notcieable if you ask me. hopefully they fit more snug than that!!

anyways, please let me know what they mean by 'clear retainers'! I'm kindof nervous and dont' want to be surprised by what it is next week!!

totheend

#2 Post by totheend »

thank-you.

my ortho never said essix (are they all called essix?), all she said was 'clear retainer'....and then I forgot to ask what she meant by that.

I guess it's too late as they prob sent my molds for them already. but I'm hoping it's a tray and not some bulky appliance that appears "clear".....

kisses14

#3 Post by kisses14 »

I believe it is called an Essix retainer, but why don't you call your ortho's office and ask?

nearlyoffxox

#4 Post by nearlyoffxox »

theyre normally a pretty tight fit and dont leave much room, well mine doesnt anyway, does that one look right?

Caroline

#5 Post by Caroline »

It was probably just placed that way for the purpose of taking the picture? If it actually fit that way, I have a hard time believing the retainer would do its job properly.
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!