Seeking DC-area ortho -- any recommendations?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wren

Seeking DC-area ortho -- any recommendations?

#1 Post by Wren »

I also posted this on the Metal Mouth Forum...

I just moved to DC from Indianapolis and am in need of a recommendation of a good ortho. I got my braces off 2 weeks before I moved, so I've got all my retainers, etc -- but I will need to find a new ortho to do my follow-up visits. Anyone have someone they like? I work in DC (Union Station area) and live in Hyattsville, so ideally would like to find someone in one of those areas -- but I'm definitely willing to travel for a top-notch doc.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you may have!
Braces on: May 2005
Braces off: August 2006 (4 months early, hooray!)

roxy83

Great Ortho...

#2 Post by roxy83 »

Wren,

My ortho is fantastic however, he is about 40 minutes from DC. His name is Dr. Siegel and there are two other professionals in the practice as well. You can visit www.pseortho.com for more information on location, etc.

Good luck in your search.

Roxy

mjbusch

#3 Post by mjbusch »

Roxy,

Does your ortho charge for a consultation? I live about 10 minutes from one of the offices.

Thanks.

roxy83

Consult

#4 Post by roxy83 »

I'm not sure how that works because I knew I was signing up with them on the first day. I think that it's free up to the point that you would need impressions, etc.

Good Luck!!

Wren

#5 Post by Wren »

Thanks, Roxy -- I appreciate the tip!
Braces on: May 2005
Braces off: August 2006 (4 months early, hooray!)

alicia

#6 Post by alicia »

Hello Wren,

I live in Hyattsville too. My ortho is in Laurel which is about 15-20 mins away from Hyattsville. He is great. His name is Dr. Singleton. Let me know if you want his info.
Metal braces
Top: March 30, 2005
Bottom:May 25, 2005