Shifting after 2 days with no braces??

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

megan_in_pink

Shifting after 2 days with no braces??

#1 Post by megan_in_pink »

Yesterday at work my teeth felt odd, I was sure it was because my braces had just came off. I wake up this moring and now it looks like oneof my teeth has shifted (and cause that tooth to hit a tooth on the bottom on when it bit). I do not even have my retainer yet. Will my ortho be able to take care of a small shift with my retainer alone. I am going call my ortho today and see, but it going hard to get in thier since he short staffed and hard wo leave my work since we are also short staffed.

Alimommy2

#2 Post by Alimommy2 »

I think so, mine has two springs in it, just ask when you call.

downhillsnowskier

#3 Post by downhillsnowskier »

I had posted on my experience with this a few months back. This spring and summer I saw an orthodontist and had my teeth shifted back into place with just hawley retainers. Only minor movements were needed, so this was feasible with just a retainer. Good luck!

megan_in_pink

#4 Post by megan_in_pink »

I called today but they were not there (found out later there was power failer there) I am going call friday but, now I can not go back in till tuesday (I have an app that day to pick up my retiner) I am jsut really scared that I am going put back in braces :(

mtbrncofn

#5 Post by mtbrncofn »

Mine definitely shifted. I couldn't wait to get those retainers.
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

fins

#6 Post by fins »

My teeth moved while I waited for a retainer. Much to my surprise (because I though they moved Waaaay too much) as soon as I got my retainer they started to go back into position within a day or two.