BRACES OFF TODAY :)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ltopley

BRACES OFF TODAY :)

#1 Post by ltopley »

Finally getting my braces off tomorrow :) Well im trying not to get my hopes up incase he tells me that due to unforeseen circumstances they will have to remain on for a while longer :shock:

Had braces on wen i was 13..Had to have my four back teeth removed and one in the top row as they were crowded. After just six months my orthodentist was retiring and decided he'd take my braces off to suit him. After not wearing my retainer (which back then was like a clear gumshield ha!) my teeth crowded again!

So some years later - early 2005, think i was at the age of 18 - I decided to take the plunge and sort my teeth out for the second time round. Asked my dentist for a referral and I was told by my new (much younger) orthodentist that my teeth were indeed crowded and could do with train tracks! Although I hated the guy at the start as I thought he was extremely patronising with his 'darling' comments !! He's been much nicer to me and after just over a year Im getting them off tomorrow! As I couldnt afford to have any more teeth out my top row are kinda off central -yet perfectly straight! But i guess im a perfectionist and its not that noticeable unless looking for it!

He told me that he doubts at my age I will wear a clear retainer and so Im getting bonded retainers which hopefully he will explain in full all about tomorrow! Although this site has been great for telling me all about them and I think Im fairly pleased that Im having these put in place. Have a small filling in the top row so sort of scared about pain when getting debanded! Plus i must have the tiniest mouth in the world and am continually having to be told to relax my mouth when he's working around it!

Have no pictures (am still looking) of teeth before braces but i have some with the braces on though they aren't really close up, but just thought id share my story with you! Will post again tomorrow to inform you of the outcome!

Also, had been going with my boyfriend for around 6 months when i got my braces on. He fully supported my decision and we're still together another year on from then. He probably wont even notice that I have them off! He's helped me learn to love them :D And have a presentation infront of my uni class on Thursday and I cannot wait now just so I can show off my new smile!

Is a bad pic but working on getting a close up with my digi cam!

Last edited by ltopley on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

SUGARANGEL

#2 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey, Hope tomorrow will be your big day! Please post pictures of your new beautiful smile.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

ltopley

#3 Post by ltopley »

Hey thanks, Was in and out in 20 mins-very impressed! Before I knew it the brackets were out. Only bit I felt uncomfortable really was when the mould was being taken! Got the bonded retainers on lower and upper teeth and no probs as yet with them. Can speak fine and keep forgetting they are there already. Best pic I have so far :? You can see how they arent completely central due to the tooth being taken out on the top row but hey, il get used to it!

And the new more confident me :D

M1k3y

#4 Post by M1k3y »

Spectacular! Congratulaions on completing your journey.
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

herbz

#5 Post by herbz »

wow looks great! you're gourgeous. congrats on your new smile :D

orangetammy

#6 Post by orangetammy »

congrats!

you are gorgeous and looking really great after braces off! 8)