I am so upset, debracing was suppose to be next week!

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

viksterlou

I am so upset, debracing was suppose to be next week!

#1 Post by viksterlou »

I am so mad, I went in today and the ortho said my teeth are ready, so I got a mold of my bottom teeth, so he could make my permanent retainer. He told me it would be around 7 days before my debracing appt.
So, I go up to the front and am told the next appt is 4 weeks away, I was so mad. They are going to conferences, etc, so that is the next available. I asked to get on the cancel list and told them how upset that makes me, especially since I am 3 months past my schedule.

The other factor is that 2 weeks ago I was suppose to get my mold, went in and he found some space on the upper teeth so he put a powerchain on. Now, why could I not have gotten my molds still then since it was only for the bottom and the teeth that he was working on was the tops? The front desk said if I would have scheduled this last week they would have been able to get me in this week or next week for sure.

I am going to call the ortho every day asking about cancellations and also going to send an emal in expressing my disappointment. Also, if I wait 4 weeks, willmy teeth move anymore?

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

Sorry about the delay in debracing viksterlou.

In such instances, patience is key. Unfortunately, Orthodontists arent strongly focussed on our cases as we are with our own. Which is fair enough, they have hundreds and hundreds of patients.

Theres light at the end of tunnel. I can understand the frustration if i was told i'd have to wait an extra month if i only a week to go. As KK said, situations out of our hands and its no ones fault.

Im not sure if an email is a good idea, If i was working there, i'd brush it off as some client having a whinge for something i couldnt control. But calling everyday expressing your itnerest in cancellation appointment is a good diea.

Goodluck, i have 2 weeks to go. Hopefully it goes smoothly for both of us.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi viksterlou. I know you are super dissapointed, but try to hang in there. This may actually benefit you in the long run. My orthodontist told me that mine were ready to come off. I explained to him that the elastics that I was using on the left side had just moved my teeth into proper position a week earlier and I didn't think that they had time to set. I suggested giving them another week to firm up. Had I kept them on another month, I would have had less settling than I have had. I still have a good bite, but would have preferred not having them settle as much as they did.

Good luck to you...
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers