Cleaning after debanding

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

the_bufster84

Cleaning after debanding

#1 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hi, I have been searching the forum and been reading what people have said. I have noticed that there seems to be some yellow staining on my teeth around the sides of the brackets even though I brush at least 3 times a day and use mouthwash. I know some of it is the glue and I have read that some of it is just shadow which makes sense as it is on the side of the tooth that is facing toward the back of my mouth where I cant really see properly around the bracket and where the brackets are close together. Anyway, what I really wanted to know was, if there is some staining, can the ortho clean this off when the brackets are removed?

Hope you can help, thanks,
Kirsty

Upper Ceramics

DaisyMay66

#2 Post by DaisyMay66 »

Absolutely. Just remember to keep all your regular appointments with your general dentist for regular checkups and dental cleanings. I had my braces removed last week after 41 months and everything looks great!