Low-hanging canine

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Meghan's braces Part Deux

Low-hanging canine

#1 Post by Meghan's braces Part Deux »

Hi - I'm due to get my uppers off tomorrow morning (had the lowers removed about a month ago). My last remaining concern is my canines - both my canines hang down lower than I'd like them to, and look like fangs. This effect is going to be exacerbated a few months post-braces - I have temporary bonding on my two laterals that will be removed later on and replaced with more permanent bonding that will result in those two teeth being a little shorter than they are right now. Anyway, does anyone know what my options might be? I think my ortho will want to file my canines down, that sounds awful to me. I would like him to push my canines back up (he's the one who brought them down before, it isn't like they were low-hanging originally. I think he overshot and now they're too low). Does anyone know if that's possible? Although I'd like to get the braces off tomorrow, I have no problem with waiting a few more months or more if that's necessary. Or maybe it could be done with a retainer? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

flipib05

#2 Post by flipib05 »

Well, if I were you, I would address these problems with your ortho. before you have them removed. You sure do not want to have them taken off if they needed to be on. I guess that is the only thing i should say cuz i am not an ortho.

Hope all goes well tomorrow! :banana: