Anyone have a bridge along with retainer? And other question

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

looloog

Anyone have a bridge along with retainer? And other question

#1 Post by looloog »

When my braces come off, I will be getting an implant for my front tooth. However, wont I need a maryland bridge to fill in that space temporarily because from what i hear, teeth move back into a gap? I just wanted to know if anyone here has a bridge along with a retainter.
I go in next week to the ortho and just wanted to get some info first.
Thanks!

momof2grlz

#2 Post by momof2grlz »

I'm scheduled for an implant for a missing first molar. My ortho was going to fit me for a buckle retainer to hold the space until the implant could be placed, but I had the implant done sooner than expected. He said the buckle retainer won't be necessary as long as I have the implant crown placed in the next 3 or 4 months. Apparently, teeth will drift into the space if it isn't restored with an implant or a bridge within several months.

I'm not exactly sure what a buckle retainer is, but you might want to ask about it at your next visit.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07