I've got a date!!! (Change in Plans)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MsTiaLia

I've got a date!!! (Change in Plans)

#1 Post by MsTiaLia »

Happy Thursday everybody! I just wanted to share my great news! I'm nearing the end! I went to the ortho today. They made molds of my teeth to make my retainers (glow-in-the-dark pink with yellow polka dots :lol: ) and was given a debanding date of Feb. 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I don't know what to do with myself! :lol: They will come off two days before I'm scheduled to be the maid of honor in my friend's wedding, so the perfect timing doesn't hurt either!

Two months ago, I was obsessing about how long it would be before I could have my teeth whitened and now I'm just SOOOOO elated to have them naked! This is, by far, the most exciting thing that has happened this year!!!!
Last edited by MsTiaLia on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SinOnYourLips

#2 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Congrats!!!!!!! Make sure to post them pictures, we all love seeing the b after ones for inspiration!

Can't wait until I can post the same thread! :D

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

Dracula

#3 Post by Dracula »

Good for you, I am jeulous about it.
I have got my braces on for 30 months and still they are on and my ortho says nothing!!!

I wanna cry, man!!!!

Have a nice party with naked teeth

mariahfromchicago

#4 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Awesome!!! :) I'm so inspired. Another beautiful smile at the end.
- mariah

retainerjoe

#5 Post by retainerjoe »

ye ha , enjoy as i know you will , i have
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

MsTiaLia

#6 Post by MsTiaLia »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your comments. I have less than 24 hours left in braces and I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself!!! :jump:
I have tried to compile some of my pictures from the past two years to share with you guys, so please feel free to check them out.

www.agrillztale.shutterfly.com

MsTiaLia

bracedintx

#7 Post by bracedintx »

Great looking progress MsTiaLia! I bet tomorrow feels like aaaaaaaaages away!! Hopefully you'll post your naked smile! :dance:
self-ligating metal brackets all around

MsTiaLia

Unfortunate Update...

#8 Post by MsTiaLia »

Well, I went in to have my braces removed this morning and, instead, received a disproving groan from my ortho when he looked in my mouth!!! He said that I had, undoubtedly, worn my rubberbands EXACTLY as he had instructed, but my teeth had OVERCORRECTED!!! Instead of my top arch overlapping the bottom just a little, they are sitting right on top of each other! So...I'm still braced :-(( I have to go back in two weeks for him to make sure I'm on the right track, then I have another appointment on March 6th. So, we'll see how it goes :(

retainerjoe

#9 Post by retainerjoe »

sorry about you adjustment , i kinda know what thats like , your ready an your teeth arn't , just hang in there ,enjoy your new color ties , because it will be worth it when there removed :braces_angry:
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

Mmmmuuaa

#10 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Oh no! How dissappointed you must be. I can only imagine. Scares me a little since I'm due to get my braces off in 6 days and I'd be crushed if I couldn't get them off now!

bracedintx

#11 Post by bracedintx »

Oh NO!!! I know that happens frequently--tweaking needs to happen--but what a bummer! :-(*
But in 6 months you won't give these last couple of weeks a second thought!
self-ligating metal brackets all around

mariahfromchicago

#12 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Awwwwwww... That sucks! Its a shame that you didn't get debraced :(