Finally Bare! Feb. 21 New Pictures

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mmmmuuaa

Finally Bare! Feb. 21 New Pictures

#1 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

I got Debraced today! I'm so happy with the results. The process was much easier and less painful then I expected. I'll post some pictures below!

Before

Now

My Retainers

I bought some Crest White Strips today as well so I can whiten up my new smile. :D
Last edited by Mmmmuuaa on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beckster

#2 Post by Beckster »

Wow, congrats to you on your GORGEOUS new smile!!! :D
"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."-Albert Camus

retainerjoe

#3 Post by retainerjoe »

congrats an welcome to RETAINER WORLD yo'll love it , your teeth look great
http://community.webshots.com/user/head ... =community this link also has my video of me getting my braces

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

They sure do look white in those pix! Can't wait to see how white they get with the strips!!!

Remember to post those pix as well :HugeGrin:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Mmmmuuaa

#5 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate your encouragements! :D

I also was surprised that my teeth were fairly white still! I thought that they'd look alot worse when the braces came off. That being said, I'd still like to brighten them up a bit. I tried my first Crest White strip last night. OUCH after 15 minutes. I don't think that my teeth are ready yet! Ha ha ha. Today my teeth are sensitive at the tips. I'll just be patient. Anyone else have this problem and your teeth became less sensitive after time?

Cinnamon

#6 Post by Cinnamon »

ImageImageImage WOW!! They look beautiful!!! Congratulations!ImageImageImage

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image

mariahfromchicago

#7 Post by mariahfromchicago »

AWESOME!!!! They look great. If I'm not mistaken you chose the clear upper and the bonded lower, right?
- mariah

Mmmmuuaa

#8 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

I got my son to take a few pictures of me with my new smile. They're not the greatest, but you'll get the idea. :wink: I'm just so loving not having braces on anymore. I'm actually wearing my retainer in these pictures. They're hard to spot!

My new smile.

Me being silly and showing off my new chompers.

SinOnYourLips

#9 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Gorgeous!!! You and your smile! Congrats, I hope my teeth look half as white :D

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

dagwoman

#10 Post by dagwoman »

They look fantastic- I'm so envious!!! I was just wondering, were your canines sanded down by an ortho/dentist or was that from natural wear? It suits you anyway. Enjoy being naked!

mizzdee

#11 Post by mizzdee »

your smile looks fantastic

MegoLego

#12 Post by MegoLego »

Your teeth look great!

breal87

#13 Post by breal87 »

beautiful and flawless!!

Test

Mmmmuuaa

#14 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Thanks so much everyone! So it's been just over a week and I still can't believe how amazing it is to eat without braces. I'm still not used to it. My husband bought some strawberry's today and my first thought was, "Do I want to eat those and get them all stuck in my braces?" Then I remembered, NO BRACES, chomp and chew and grind away at those strawberrys! Ha ha ha ha, fun fun fun. I do love to eat! ha ha ha :wink:

Dagwoman, no the ortho didn't grind my canines, natural wear I guess, so thanks.... I really do like pointy canines though.

asd

#15 Post by asd »

Wow Your smile looks amazing, Congratulations!!

Your teeth seem pretty white already so cant wait to see wha they will be like once you have used the white strips. I was suposed to be getting my teeth laser whitened today but the dentist wouldnt let me as he said my gums are still to sensetive. I may try using some white strips, let me know how they go!