Time Delay

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DavidT

Time Delay

#1 Post by DavidT »

Is this normal? It appears as though I'm going to go a full day with no retention. They are going to deband me, take molds, order the retainer, then I am to come back in the afternoon for the retainer. I'm concerned about so much time with no retention. After four years, my teeth are very maliable. Is this a normal strategy?

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Just to add to what meryaten said, I waited a week for retainers with no ill effect.

Betty Bat

#3 Post by Betty Bat »

I'll second what Lionfish said. I got my retainers about a week after my braces were taken off. This was true for my uppers in April, 2007 and my lowers in October, 2007. Yep, it was just about 6 months between them.

And, I have been wearing my upper (Essix) faithfully ever night for just about a year now and my lower (Hawley) faithfully every night for just about six months. Both are fine.

katmc_tx

#4 Post by katmc_tx »

I went in the morning for debanding and molds then went back that afternoon for my retainers. But I did have permanent upper and lower retainers placed that morning.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!