In shock--surprise removal + questions

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LadyGoddess

In shock--surprise removal + questions

#1 Post by LadyGoddess »

Whoa. I'm still in shock. I went in this morning for a tightening up/other maintence work and instead my braces were removed.

I had some fillings put in some of my front teeth before I had braces and now those parts are still their original white but my freshly revealed teeth are yellow and semi-transculent.

Is is safe for me to use teeth whitener on my teeth? I brushed twice a day the whole time I had my braces....the halves which haven't been obscured by the brackets and wires are also more "built up" in thickness than where the appliances were. I'm afraid the enamel was all sanded away. Can I do something to help build it back?

Also, I just brushed my teeth for the first time and my teeth are SO sensative and the gums began bleeding freely. I haven't had my gums bleeding in quite awhile...

I'm still just in shock that this part is over. Please help.