FREE AT LAST!! (pics)

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tin_grin

FREE AT LAST!! (pics)

#1 Post by tin_grin »

Yay! They are finally off! I read a bunch of your posts yesterday so I knew what to expect, but I was really scared when my ortho was popping off my brackets because I thought my teeth would crack. One of my ceramics actually shattered! Although he polished my teeth, they still feel rough, but my regular dentist (I went to him afterwards for bonding on my #7) said it would take a while for it to wear off, and you don't want to ruin the enamel. Has anyone else experienced this? My teeth are in desperate need for a cleaning and I can't wait for my next appointment! Anyway, here are the before & after:

The day before they went on (such a lovely scowl)

And today!

The white goop you see on the right (my left) is some composite material my ortho put on to help prevent a gap from opening until my retainers come in. I'm getting upper & lower Hawleys, which should be in in a week. They put a rush on the order, so I wasn't able to get anything cute like stars or tie dye. :-/ Oh well, maybe for my replacements, whenever that will be. I promise not to break my boring plain ones on purpose. :wink:
Braced: July 19, 2006
Debraced: April 21, 2008
Ceramic uppers & lowers

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

VERY NICE result!

I still have a few rough spots on 2 teeth that have not worn off in over a year.

I'm hanging in there... only bothers me when I eat sugery foods as that's the place it sticks and it makes it feel far worse. BUT, that makes me brush right away. I guess it's a good thing :D

If it's not bothering you too much (we can adjust to almost anything), you can wait and see how if it wears off over the next year.

CHEERS!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Cinnamon

#3 Post by Cinnamon »

:D Congratulations!! They look fantastic!

Click on Wonder Woman to go to my braces story Image