Retainer Stepped On

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LadyGoddess

Retainer Stepped On

#1 Post by LadyGoddess »

I keep my retainer in my work apron when I go to lunch at work. Well, Friday night, I pulled my keys out of my apron and failed to notice that I had dropped my essex (flimsy, clear kind?) retainer. When I came back half an hour later, I realized it was missing but quickly found it in the parking lot.

Fortunately, no one ran over it, but I believe it was stepped on. One side keeps slipping down while the other side is riding up. When I first tried putting them in, a bit in the front was pushed so that it was digging INTO my gum.

I've been trying to push it back into shape with a little pressure, but I'm not sure that's working too well. Any suggestions on how to get it back to working properly? I was already warned it'd cost hundreds of dollars to make me a new one....and this one still goes in, just uncomfortably. :-(

<-------feels like a huge dummy