Small Gap Returning...Will Retainer Help?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceFacePrincess

Small Gap Returning...Will Retainer Help?

#1 Post by BraceFacePrincess »

Hello,

I had adult braces and had them removed in 2012. I was given a Hawley retainer which I wore consistently every night up until this year. This year I started to get lazy and stopped wearing my retainer every night like I should. Well I noticed the gap in my 2 front teeth has slowly started to return. It's a small gap and it's not really noticeable to my friends but I notice it.

I can't afford to get braces again and I have since moved so I can't go to my old orthodontist. I was wondering if I start to wear my Hawley retainer again will it close the gap? Also while doing some research I found something about THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR and was wondering would this be a likely alternative?

Thanks!

Snowglobe32

Re: Small Gap Returning...Will Retainer Help?

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Try your retainer and if it still fits, then wear it, the gap should close.

Good luck!

Davidlusive

Re: Small Gap Returning...Will Retainer Help?

#3 Post by Davidlusive »

Really? Thats unlucky!!!