Last Steps??

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nykol77

Last Steps??

#1 Post by nykol77 »

To all of you naked teeth, what are the last steps before being naked?

I have had x-rays at my last appointment and my ortho is super relunctant about time estimates. My teeth are nicely aligned and she talked about tweeking a few teeth, does this mean the end is near?

I need to have some kind of idea what needs to be done so I can keep going! I am really sick of them these days!!

Thanks,
Nick :wink:
nick
braced Dec 7th 2004

Evelyn

#2 Post by Evelyn »

nykol77 wrote:
I need to have some kind of idea what needs to be done so I can keep going! I am really sick of them these days!!
haha tell me about it.....
Last edited by Evelyn on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

lesliew

#3 Post by lesliew »

I know how you feel! I was supposed to wear my braces for 1.5 years and was all prepared to do so. When he told me I'd be getting them off 6 months earlier than planned I became extremely anxious to have them off. The 2 months between the time he placed the last wire on my upper teeth and the time he took them off were the longest 2 months of my life.

Are you on your last archwire? The day he put the last archwire on was the day he took x-rays. After that I went in for one more adjustment and a month later they were off. Everyone is different, but those were the last steps for me.

hidngat39

Last step

#4 Post by hidngat39 »

hey all-
I am so ready to get mine off as well. Dr says we are quite close-my appts are 4 wks apart now instead of 6. As much as I want them off, I do not want to know when he is planning to take them off. I want to show up for what I think is 'my latest appt' and have him take them off and I go back to work with naked teeth!

Is that something that could happen or will I more-than-likely know when he's planning it? Can I tell him that I don't want to know ahead of time?

just wondering
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!