anybody had clear braces with a fake tooth?

If you have finished with your orthodontic treatment and are wearing retainers (or will be soon), this is a special place to connect with others in your (enviable) situation. Ask a question or make a comment about life post-braces.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blondie

anybody had clear braces with a fake tooth?

#1 Post by blondie »

I wanted to know if anyone had (clear) braces with any fake teeth and how the debonding went? My two front teeth are fake (caps) and I have clear braces on top and at the ortho's office they are nervous that my caps my be damaged. So just wondering if anyone had to go through the same thing?

calley03

#2 Post by calley03 »

I have a crown on a tooth in the front and I have a ceramic bracket on it, when I got braced my ortho was not too concerned he just made a note and used a special glue on that tooth to bond it with. I hope that is does not mess up my crown. I hope to find out the answer to this too!! Thanks, Kelly
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

rainbow13

#3 Post by rainbow13 »

I just recently got my braces off (a week ago :) ) and I wore them for 14 months. My right lateral incisor (next to my front tooth) is a crown and I had no problems at all w/ it. Of course I was nervous the braces were going to pop it off but really the only challenge I had was keeping the bracket attached. During the whole span of wearing my braces I had that bracket pop off 3 times. About every 3 months but from what the ortho said that is expected. It is very common for the glue to not bond well to the surface of those teeth. Having it removed last week was a breeze, it popped off way easier then any of the others. I didn' realize how strong those ceramics are, they can be a challenge to get off your teeth. Hope I helped :)