What type of toothbrush do you use??

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#1 Post by lionfish »

Hi Stace,

I was given a toothbrush when I got braces and it had a small head with soft bristles, recessed in the middle (colgate brand).

I couldn't find it on the supermarket shelves (might be a discontinued line) so am currently using a colgate medium head soft bristle toothbrush which is OK, but a bit on the big side. I think I might look at an ortho toothbrush when this one carks, as that seems to have a small head and soft bristles.

tkais

#2 Post by tkais »

I use Crest Spinbrush Pro-whitening. I love it. Makes my teeth feel clean. I also waterpic at night.

johnnys_angel

#3 Post by johnnys_angel »

I just use a plain ol' Oral-B Pulsar
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

Joanna20

#4 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! I couldn’t manage with my ordinary tooth brush so I bought one for children, it’s really small but works really well and it doesn’t swollen my gums. I use it along with my electric toothbrush (Braun) and water pick.
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

SUGARANGEL

#5 Post by SUGARANGEL »

I use Rotadent electric toothbrush. That is what my orthodontist recommendated.

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

Iceolated

#6 Post by Iceolated »

I use an Oral-B Sonic Complet. I like the bigger head vs. the Sonicare models. Does a great job at cleaning my teeth.

On sale right now at Target for $99.

Cheers,

ICE

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

Dramagyrl

#7 Post by Dramagyrl »

Im a recent waterpick convert, but I'm also one who juggles several toothbrushes and pastes.
I am using an electric toothbrush provided by my ortho in my kit (really small and rounded head) alternated with the best kids toothbrush ever. If you get the chance, look for STAGES, it's a kids toothbrush line. I got STAGE 3, which is designed for a mixture of adult and baby teeth, along with some gaps or holes. Because of my extractions for braces, this brush has been fantastic!! Soft bristles, the middle is inverted (great for cleaning brackets), long bristles on the tip (great for getting way in the back) and just askew enough that it easily cleans around the holes and teeth. I think I do a better job with it than the electric toothbrush.

Toothpaste: Colgate Total, alternated with a great kids paste in light of the brush. It's a watermelon with fluoride, I use it once in a while for a break from the endless mint taste.

cassie

#8 Post by cassie »

I use the ortho manual toothbrush from the starter kit for about one minute to get the food out, then the sonicare advance (i think?--$60 at target) for the 2 min. cycle. i bought it a few months ago and didn't use it often (the handle is a little unwieldy--i think the more expensive ones have slimmer handles), but since getting wired, I use it at every brushing...it's the only way I feel I'm getting all the crevices clean.

Samantha08

#9 Post by Samantha08 »

My dentist recommended that I get an electric toothbrush, but he said not to worry about buying an expensive one. I went to WalMart and bought a Crest Spinbrush, and I love it :) It was only like 6 dollars too, I think :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

CelestialVoices

#10 Post by CelestialVoices »

I normally use a Sonicare but I forgot it at my dad's so for now I'm just using a cheap battery operated toothbrush.