Goodbye disclosing tablets...hello to rinse!

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Indy

Goodbye disclosing tablets...hello to rinse!

#1 Post by Indy »

Hey Everyone,
I just saw a commercial and thought I'd pass on the info. Listerine has a new product, a Plaque-detecting rinse, that you can use prior to brushing and it will tint the plaque! A rinse sounds better than the tablets.

Here is the information.
It comes in 2 flavors.

I can't believe it's been 5 months...I'm ready for the braces!

Iceolated

#2 Post by Iceolated »

Hey Indy,

I found the rinse a few weeks ago and have been using it since. Great flavors - does a wonderful job of tinting plaque. And yes, much easier to use on sensitive braced teeth than crunching hard tablets!!

Cheers,

Ice.

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€

Indy

#3 Post by Indy »

Thanks for the testament Ice! I'll definitely use it once I'm braced.

I never see the tablets in the store anyway, so hopefully since this is a Listerine product it will be easier to find.

dimeech

#4 Post by dimeech »

I bought the Bubbble Blast at wally-world (Wal-Mart) last week and it was $3.98 for 500 ml, or like $3.49 for 250 ml + a kids little DVD thingee attached to it. I've never used disclosing anything before, and even if it's "supposed" to be for kids, I like it! (Not braced yet, though.)

Dramagyrl

#5 Post by Dramagyrl »

This stuff looks great, I just wonder where I might find it?
I'll take a look at Wal-Mart, but wondering if anyone has any other ideas who might get this in first since it looks pretty new.

dev

#6 Post by dev »

walmart has it for sure.

jaswi

#7 Post by jaswi »

I also saw an advertisement for this stuff, I just wish they didn't advertise it as for kids- makes me feel like a douche buying it- being a 21 y/o guy and all.

KittyW

#8 Post by KittyW »

I saw the ad on tv today too! It looks like a great product, however, one warning...it contains sodium lareth sulfate. This ingredient WILL aggravate canker sores. Otherwise, brush on!!! :D
Damon 3 - Dec. 7th, 2004
17.5 month duration
Debanded, gorgeous smile on May 16, 2006

Dramagyrl

#9 Post by Dramagyrl »

I keep checking the stores here in Canada and I have yet to see it on the shelves :(
I really want to try this stuff so it's been kind of disappointing.

Anyone know if there is somewhere online selling it?

hippyhippo

#10 Post by hippyhippo »

Dramagyrl, I've been looking for it too (I'm in Alberta) and I haven't found it. I'm paranoid about being able to keep up with my dental hygiene in braces, and this product would sure help.

Let me know if you find it!

NervousNelly

#11 Post by NervousNelly »

Hey Everyone,
I just got my braces on last Friday and I was out looking for new dental do dads for myself when I came across the Listering cool Blue rince. I purchased this it for my kids cause I thought it's help them brush, but I'm hoping it will help me too. It's hard to clean ourund these things. Anyway, I got it at CVS. Also Walgreens and Eckerd carry it. Does anyone know if it's safe to use w/ ceramic braces. I was wondering if it would stain. Afraid to try it until I hear from someone! :D

MS1

#12 Post by MS1 »

I can't wait to try this product. Next week I have my first cleaning since I got my top braces and I don't want to get chastised by my hygienist. :roll:

bbsadmin

#13 Post by bbsadmin »

I'm curious to see if it stains light colored ligs. Please report back and let everyone know whether it does!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Ravishing

#14 Post by Ravishing »

Has anyone with light coloured ligs tried this yet?
Also, just to be clear, this won't stain ceramic brackets will it?

I'm getting braced 2 weeks from today and am thinking it might be a good thing to have from the beginning so that I start with good brushing habits.

Thanks!

SolarFeline

#15 Post by SolarFeline »

....and we in Australa will get this cool product on the shelves of Coles/Woolies when? :shock:

Or, we have to buy it online... :roll:

For those of you peoples overseas, please tell us your experiences and post your results here...