Brace Covers

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

the_bufster84

Brace Covers

#1 Post by the_bufster84 »

Hey, I know this probably sounds silly but I was wondering if the clear brace covers you can buy from dentakit are easy to fit over the bracket and if it is possible for them to perhaps break the bracket at all as you put them on

thankz

Upper Ceramics

MuleNag

#2 Post by MuleNag »

the_bufster84~ I have the Lip protectors. http://www.dentakit.com/snshlipprfor.html I don't have brackets on my front teeth, but the wire is there. At first I had terrible pain from that wire and the Lip protectors snapped on there nicely and gave me relief. I was able to cut it to fit. I didn't not feel at any time that the lip protector would hurt my wires.

Good luck finding some relief!
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

sjsarre

#3 Post by sjsarre »

Looks interesting but I guess it wouldn't be so effective if you had wonky teeth and wires?

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

i bought a set of Morgan lip bumpers

https://www.morganbumper.com/details.htm

I found them annoying though as they made me feel like my lips were sticking out even more! I think if your archwire isn't at least reasonably straigt then they will not stay on too well. I decided just to put up with the discomfort and use wax until my mouth toughened up.

stargirl

#5 Post by stargirl »

I tried the Morgan Bumpers... didn't work out too well because my brackets have hooks attached, and the covers couldn't fit over them. :( Also, they kept popping off, so I gave up.

I don't think that the covers can do any damage, but I'll admit that it felt like more pressure was applied to my teeth when I had them on.

onny

#6 Post by onny »

What are these for anyway? I don't get the reason to waste money for them. With wounds on my gums I just stick to wax which I get free from my ortho. Can someone please explain what these (ugly) things are for?
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

onny

#7 Post by onny »

Yea I have read the pages of course and they said for musicians and for protection, similar to wax. I doubt everyone here is a musician and noone lacks wax, so I asked the question whats the point in owning one. You had no answer to it except telling me to read it again.

Ugly is a normal, non offense word I used on an object, so if you want to show respect to Lynn, then respect that I find they are ugly, this is just a personal meaning, and I no where forced anyone else to dislike them. I will use this word to describe objects which are ugly in my eyes everywhere, including this board.

I even was so careful to write that word in braces to not make anyone feel offended.
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

IzzyCharm

#8 Post by IzzyCharm »

I got a set of th braces covers for work. For me they look better than having wax smeared all over my teeth lol I still use the wax at home and stuff. To me it's about whatever makes the person feel better. If that's wax then go for it. If it's braces covers go for it. I personally like both for different reasons and for different events. I don't want to go to an awards show with wax smeared on my teeth but that's just ME. Everyone is different which is a GOOD thing. :D

BracedBelle

#9 Post by BracedBelle »

I didn't know these things existed! I have to use over a pack of wax a week for my bottom braces... not just after appointments, but all the time. This could save me a lot of time and aggravation.