Are TePe brushes sold in stores in the US? Or a cheaper sub?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

jeniwan

Are TePe brushes sold in stores in the US? Or a cheaper sub?

#1 Post by jeniwan »

Hey everyone.... I've been wanting to try out TePe interdental brushes, since they look a lot more slender than the proxy brushes I can find at the supermarket. I'm looking for something good to clean around my molar bands. However, the only place I've been able to find them is online at dentist.net. I went to order a proximal brush and some interdental refills, then I realized with shipping my whole order would be somewhere around $20.

I'm as cheap as the day is long, and couldn't bring myself to pay $20 bucks for one brush handle and a handful of brush refills.

So, a couple of questions:

Are TePe brushes worth the expense?
Can I find them (or a similar product?) anywhere (US) cheaper?

Should I just fork out the $$$?

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I might be able to get these for you.

PM me and tell me what you're looking for.

-Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I buy el cheapo supermarket normal sized proxy brushes for scrubbing round my brackets, but I also buy the pink Tepe (0.4mm, the skinniest) as they slip between crowded teeth very nicely.
They're sold in chemists in the UK but I believe they also sell them on ebay. Have you tried looking there?