Anyone tried the Oral Breeze Irrigator?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lillers

Anyone tried the Oral Breeze Irrigator?

#1 Post by Lillers »

I've got a standard WaterPik and find it okay, but a bit feeble in terms of the water pressure it sprays out.

Just noticed an ad on the archwired homepage for the Oral Breeze irrigator, which is essentialy a tube that attaches to your sink faucet. Sounds very promising, but of course it would do.

Can anyone give it a thumbs up (or down) from personal experience?

Thanks in advance.
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

showerpik

oral breeze

#2 Post by showerpik »

Take a look here:

viewtopic.php?t=8938&highlight=showerpik

Tom
Pres. Oral Breeze

Wired1

#3 Post by Wired1 »

Sorry for posting without looking at the previous link. I have foofy modern sink fixtures -- will this work with them?

showerpik

fit

#4 Post by showerpik »

Sorry for posting without looking at the previous link. I have foofy modern sink fixtures -- will this work with them?
They will fit all standard faucets in the world
Tom
Oral Breeze, LLC

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

Tom,

Some newer faucets don't seem to have the regular "threading" on them so nothing can be attached to them. I have one like this in my bathroom.

If someone buys your product and then discovers that it cannot be attached, what is your return policy?

Thanks,
Lynn
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

showerpik

#6 Post by showerpik »

The QuickPik has both female and male threads.
After many thousands of them, they have all fit.
But just in case it doesn't, any product is fully refundable within 30 days and also a replacement policy for lifetime.
All faucets have a detachable aerator so it can be cleaned. That's where the threads are.
Thanks for asking.

Tom
Oral Breeze, LLC
bbsadmin wrote:Tom,

Some newer faucets don't seem to have the regular "threading" on them so nothing can be attached to them. I have one like this in my bathroom.

If someone buys your product and then discovers that it cannot be attached, what is your return policy?

Thanks,
Lynn

showerpik

#7 Post by showerpik »

I ship worldwide every day for $4.95.
Many, many to Aus, a few to NZ. No returns, so they must fit.
I think it would be great to have a local distributor in those countries.
If you have an interest, write to me at my company address. Sales@oralbreeze.com
Thanks for writing.
Tom
Oral Breze, LLC
KK wrote:Great that I can ask you this Tom ... will you sell these products in Australia and New Zealand? The only product available is an oral b irrigator type thing, that is the size of most bathroom bench tops.

If you were to sell these products in Australia and New Zealand, would you find a local distributor (maybe online), to make it easier (and hopefully cheaper), to be able to obtain the product and be assured of a returns policy etc?

Ghee ... I guess you know what answer I'm hoping for. I just find it so sad that that water irrigation type equipment hasn't made it down here ... and I have no idea why!

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

well I tried to order one of these off ebay and they said no international shipping.

showerpik

#9 Post by showerpik »

Please go to my main site at www.Oralbreeze.com and place your order there.
Thanks,
Tom
Oral Breeze, LLC

Lisa65 wrote:well I tried to order one of these off ebay and they said no international shipping.

Joel-

#10 Post by Joel- »

I ordered a RediPik just now--I'll post some feedback on this forum after I try it out. :wink:

P.S. Checkout was a breeze, thanks.

Joel-

#11 Post by Joel- »

I got my RediPik in the mail today. It came in a tiny little box which was cool. At first I thought--how in the world does it fit in that box? The hose isn't as thick as I thought it would be.

It was easy enough to install. I only needed pliers to remove the aerator that was already tightened onto my faucet. The aerator had been on so long that the rubber washer had decayed. It was gross!

Next, I screwed in the adapter by hand and then screwed on RediPik metal section. There's a suction cup to keep the hose tidy and another suction cup to hold the hand held piks. How thoughtful ;)

Now, you might be wondering how it works. I wasn't sure if oral irrigators were supposed to pulsate or not, but I assume that they don't since this one doesn't. Due to the high amount of water pressure I had to be careful not to turn my sink on too much. Activating the RediPik with the water on high is dangerous! :shock: The instruction manual warns you about this fact. So, I turned my faucet on low and then slowly turned the knob to adjust the water to the right pressure.

Tada! Water powered oral irrigator... great invention :)

P.S. Just in time for my braces on Monday!!

Joel-

#12 Post by Joel- »

I thought the only difference was that one was a permanent sink attachment and one was removable... maybe I'm wrong! :?:

showerpik

#13 Post by showerpik »

Hi, Tom here from Oral Breeze.
The main difference is the RediPik is always "ready" - always on the faucet. And the QuickPik is "quick". Snaps on for use and then stores away. Also, because of design, the RediPik is a lot heavier.

I'm am really glad that so many metal mouths are using my products.
I make a profit - sure. But I also get a great deal of satisfaction knowing they are helping people.

The copy below is from my web site.

RediPik Oral Irrigators
permanent faucet attachment

Breeze away gum disease at your sink with RediPik. Attach it to your faucet once; use it forever. With its EZ-Breeze design you can breeze or run tap water with the simple flip of a switch.

Breeze away gum disease in 3 easy steps:

Switch ON Set selection switch to RediPik
BREEZE Power wash your teeth and gums for 15 seconds
Switch OFF Set selection switch back to tap water

QuickPik Oral Irrigators
temporary faucet attachment

Breeze away gum disease at your sink with QuickPik. Its Breeze n’ Store design means you can breeze when you want and quickly store your QuickPik when you’re done.

Breeze away gum disease in 3 easy steps:

Snap ON QuickPik snaps onto sink faucet

BREEZE Power wash your teeth and gums for 15 seconds

Snap OFF Remove QuickPik from the faucet

Thanks for asking.
Tom
Oral Breeze

showerpik

#14 Post by showerpik »

A customer complained to me about wanting something for her daughter to clean her braces but did not want something permanent on her sink.
So, I made the QuickPik. It snaps on and off.
Hope that explains it. Look at www.oralbreeze.com and the quickPik pictures. I'm sure that will help.

tom
KK wrote:Great to hear from you again Tom! :thumbsup:

I've read the above info many times over the past week ... but it still doesn't explain why in your email to me you wrote ...
I designed the QuickPik with cleaning braces in mind. It is also a very dependable oral irrigator for gum disease.
I don't see why the one type that 'snaps on and off' your sink faucet is the type you've said has been designed for people with braces. This is the question I want answered ... why one model over the other :?:

I really want to buy one ... but I'm still not sure which one ... coz I'm confused on this issue. It's a big issue buying products from overseas, coz not only do we have to deal with exchange rates, but also charges for using overseas currency ... so I want to be sure that what I buy is what I will get the most use out of, while in braces and after these foreign objects have been removed from my teeth.

Hope I'm making sense! :banana:

showerpik

#15 Post by showerpik »

Yes, you can travel with it.
The QuickPik comes off between uses.
Tom
Ok ... so does this mean that the QuickPik is kinda portable :?: By that I mean is it that easy to 'snap on and snap off', so that I can take it on holiday with me etc? My holidays often involve travelling overseas ... so this one really interests me.

Apart frm the QuickPik's ability to 'snap on and snap off', are there any other differences between the two models? Also can the QuickPik be left 'snapped on', if you're happy with leaving it on one tap?

I have spent a lot of time on www.oralbreeze.com since our correspondence ... but now I need some of the 'nuts and bolt' questions sorted. This is probably a great place to do it, as it's a bit like advertising, but hopefully Lynn won't mind, as I'm really keen to buy one of your machines ... I'm just not sure which one!

Thanks in advance Tom! :banana: