Dentyl PH mouthwash (two-phase)

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

Dentyl PH mouthwash (two-phase)

#1 Post by Lisa65 »

I just tried that Dentyl ph mouthwash which has 2 different things in the bottle that you shake together to produce an emulsion, and then use.
It supposedly makes all the gunk and bacteria in your mouth clump together and it is then dyed by the colouring agent so you can see it in the sink when you spit. Apparently one of the substances is oil-based which somehow makes the bacteria clump together as a lot of oral bacteria are water-resistant (makes sense I guess)

It does seem to work well and leaves my mouth feeling nice and fresh for a long while, and although the first time I used it I spat out loads of "gunk" on subsequent uses there hasn't been as much. So maybe that means it's doing its thing.

joney

#2 Post by joney »

This is the only mouthwash I have ever used. I bought it for my daughter as she got her brace before me and she likes cherry flavour, that's the reason we bought it as she doesn't like minty things. So when I got my brace I started using it and it seems good, although I admit I have nothing to compare it too. The gunky bits left over I clean with my interdental brushes. I'm happy with it at any rate.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I tried the cherry one Joney but it reminded me of those cherry Tunes my nana used to make me eat in the winter when i had a cold!

Amy19

#4 Post by Amy19 »

I had to give up using this excellent mouthwash when i had my braces put on! i found the green stuff just got everywhere and i ended up having to brush all over again. so gave that up very quickly haha

i now use colgate floride mouthwash which is good but you dont see the evidence in the sink!

Amy x

sean83

#5 Post by sean83 »

I just Googled "Dentyl PH braces" and of course I ended up back at my favourite site. To resurrect this old topic - I purchased this yesterday and was shocked to see my wires covered in luminous green mess! I guess that's the stuff you're supposed to see in the sink. Having read these posts I'll stick with it (until it runs out!) and brush off the mess - providing it isn't in any way damaging to my brace...? Interestingly it says avoid contact with plastic (despite the plastic bottle) so I had concerns about ligs.
It's all gone a bit dental...

vanity68

#6 Post by vanity68 »

This is not available in the US right?
Sasha

Top ceramics on 10/14/04

skintz

#7 Post by skintz »

This used to be my mouthwash of choice before i got braces but i just found the gunk all over my brackets really yucky so i gave up...i used Sensoyne now :)

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

I gave up on it too after a while. One half of the formulation is oil, and I started to find the greasy feeling a bit gagtastic, and it didn't leave my mouth feeling clean.