WHICH waterpik?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chantel

#16 Post by Chantel »

KK wrote:... and guess which lucky Kiwi got one as a gift ... it's totally fantastic ... and I now wonder how I survived without it! :oops:
Okay I just have to ask.... how did you get one shipped over from the UK? I'm guessing you have friends over there that shipped one over to you, am extremely jealous! does anyone know how I can get one from overseas? dont' know too many people that live in the UK unfortunately :(

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

Ravishing

#17 Post by Ravishing »

For everyone with the cordless waterpik, is it still working for you? My husband and I travel a lot so this seems like a logical choice for me but I have read many poor reviews on other sites.
After using it for a while, is this still a product you would recommend?

Thanks!

Ravishing

#18 Post by Ravishing »

Good to hear, KK.
We are headed to England next month for anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks (my hubby gets to take me on a business trip with him) and I'm originally from Canada so we travel up there a lot. Plus, we do a lot of touring on our scooter through the year so I like the portability of this waterpik. I'm happy to hear that it has a good, long battery life.

I think I'll go out and get one this weekend and keep the receipt just in case.

showerpik

Oral Breeze

#19 Post by showerpik »

Take a look at what others have said
viewtopic.php?t=8938&highlight=showerpik

Water powered - nothing to break

Tom
Pres.
Oral Breeze

IzzyCharm

#20 Post by IzzyCharm »

I got the InterPlak water jet yesterday and I am in love with it so far. I did spray half my bathroom the first time I turned it on but after that it was wonderful.

http://www.conair-store.com/product_det ... 1=INT+WJ7B

I like all the different "heads" it comes with.

Lisa65

#21 Post by Lisa65 »

i have an interplak too Izzy, very similar to that one (I'm in the UK). I have to have it in the kitchen as there's no power supply in the bathroom, but I love it and it works really well.

ghostmyimag3

#22 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

I went and bought the waterpik rechargeable cordless.
I have not used it yet, i'm trying to read up on it actually lol
I hope i dont spray the bathroom although it could happen ha ha.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Lisa65

#23 Post by Lisa65 »

Make sure you put it IN your mouth before you press the "on" button :lol:

ghostmyimag3

#24 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

Just as predicted i sprayed the door in the bathroom ha ha.
Oh well, as soon as i got that cleaned up i sprayed the bathroom mirror while looking in it trying to see where i was at in my mouth. I think it was the shock of the water spraying in there, and then i accidently sprayed it down my throat.Who said a waterpik can't be fun? :)
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

dimeech

Ultra

#25 Post by dimeech »

I love my Ultra Waterpik... I don't have braces yet, and I've been using it for 6 months. lately, I only use it about 2x per week (b/c I'm getting lazy). I did have a problem with the handle leaking, but customer service was good, and I get a replacement handle in about a week or two. That's when I started getting lazy- when I couldn't use it!!
Just read the directions, and you'll be AOK!

Frederik

Waterpik purchase in Australia

#26 Post by Frederik »

After years of searching I have discovered that an Australian firm is importing Waterpik from the United States (with Australian voltage).

They have mail order anywhere in Australia.

They can be found at http://natdent.net/

Frederik

#27 Post by Frederik »

Calling all people living in Australia ...

Can waterpiks be bought in this country :?: If they can, where :?:

Waterpik is now available on mail order to anywhere in Australia.

Only Australian retailers:

http://Natdent.net
Last edited by Frederik on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frederik

#28 Post by Frederik »

I've just been made aware of the price of these products ... and unless they've made a mistake on their web site ... please don't be duped into paying this amount.

Currently you can buy a cordless waterpik from American for less than $40 Australian dollars. Add to that some money for postage and packaging ... and it will be way less than the price NatDent Pty Ltd is selling the same item for.

Also the quick pik from www.oralbreeze.com is about $50 Australia delivered ... again ... a huge savings when compared to their prices!

Such a shame that this organisation appears to be out to rip us off ... :oops:
Karen, Where did you find such a bargain - I can't find any American supplier so cheap - they're 110 volts anyway and subject to import duty.

Plugging a 110 volt American appliance into Australian 240 volts will give you a thrilling clean.

Its all related to volume as well - the importers would not get bulk deals until the market is there? I wouldn't call it a ripoff? $199 including GST was OK to me - I had been looking for years.

I spoke to Natdent.

Apparently they are not allowed to import directly from the States because Waterpik will not grant an import licence for small volumes into Australia.

The import licence for 240 volt appliance into Australia is held by a Singaporean company and they had to buy the rights from them and import from there.

Each shipment has to be small because the market is unknown and duty and GST has to be paid and there are no volume discounts.

If they manage to get a major retailer to stock the product the price will fall. In the meantime it IS available in Australia - at last.

krissyvan

#29 Post by krissyvan »

I'm getting my braces on Monday, but I've had the spacers since last Tuesday (ouch!). I've been using the "Shower Flosser", which is installed on your shower head and you can adjust the pressure. It's great and came recommended from my dentist. I purchased it from him for about $20.

LondonLingual

waterpik cordless

#30 Post by LondonLingual »

Well i posted before on here defending waterpik cordless but now i think i might have misled some of you. Since buying my original waterpik both my mum and my flatm8 decided to buy them too. Well i had to pick my mum's one up from argos and i noticed the packaging was different and that it came with a three pin plug and not a two pin like mine. This waterpik worked once for my mum but then would never retain its charge. Took it back to argos who swapped it no problems but the replacement is just as useless... and surprise, surprise my flatmate has the same problem. My own unit continues to work well 6 months on but be warned not all waterpik cordless units were created equal!

London lad... Linguals (http://www.ormco.com/products/promotions/PDF/stb.pdf) on top and ceramics (http://www.gacmystique.com/) on bottom! UPDATE: now have ceramics on top too after gave up on linguals 18 months in!!!