Juicers

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blackcat

Juicers

#1 Post by Blackcat »

hello peeps,
Can anyone recomend a juicer that works with vegetables as well as fruit? Particulary carrots - I love 'em! I have a MagiMix with a juice extractor attachment (centrifuge) but it's not so good for very hard things like carrots and apples.
Ta!

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

My only advice - take it apart and look for one that has the fewest nooks and crannies to get clean. I don't use mine anymore because it takes so darn long to clean - and those little mushy carrot manage to get everywhere! Also get a scrubber brush to clean the basket thingy - it is impossible with a sponge.

sarahann77

#3 Post by sarahann77 »

I have the Jack Lalaine (sp?) Power Juicer as it was on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond a while back. It does carrots and apples very well.

The downfall is the cleaning. The bits of the carrot don't seem to shoot out to the bucket very well. It rinses off fairly well right after use but it does have a bit of things to take apart to rinse out. I think I spend more time taking it apart and putting it back. If it's not rinsed out right away, definitely the scrub brush is needed for the basket.

otherwise as a juicer it has done a great job.