Power Thread

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

DavidT

Power Thread

#1 Post by DavidT »

Does anybody know anything about power thread? My dentist uses it and I don't think it works. It looks like a piece of string he ties around two teeeth to close gaps.

DavidT

#2 Post by DavidT »

It's slightly elastic, but it looks exactly like a piece of white string.

DavidT

#3 Post by DavidT »

He threads it around two teeth and literally ties it into a square knot. I've learned to come home and fashion rubber bands around it to close the gap myself. I'm looking for some info/testimonies to present to him about this "power thread" stuff if most doc's don't use it.

DavidT

#4 Post by DavidT »

Yeah, I'm sure you're right about doing it myself. What is the most effective and/or popular way to close gaps from tooth extraction? My Doc has been using closing coils and power thread for 3 years now. I keep hearing about power chains. Is that the way to go?

DavidT

#5 Post by DavidT »

It seems powerchains and arch loops are the best route. What are the disadvantages of closing coils in comparison?

Also, it seems as though other orthodontist straighten first then close the gaps. Mine closed first and now we're having trouble straightening. Which is better?