dental wax

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

pearlie

dental wax

#1 Post by pearlie »

is there such a thing as tooth colored dental wax?? right now i'm using a silicone product (I forget the name) that the ortho gave me that is clear.

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

I love the orthosil. The thing about Orthosil is that it is silicone based and you should be able to use less than regular wax. I also noticed that I could use less of it and it would stay all day without melting about.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

Yes there is colored dental wax.

I don't carry it at DentaKit.com because most people prefer to use the regular clear/opaque stuff. I can get colored wax as a special order, but unfortunately it would have to be a box of 50 (can't get it in any smaller minimum!)

There is a product I've heard of called Wax Dots that I think is also colored (or is it flavored?). I haven't seen it in stores but some members here have talked about it on the board.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

badbite

#4 Post by badbite »

They have wax dots at our local Walmart. They are colored and flavored.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

purpleteeth

#5 Post by purpleteeth »

I have been told that wax can help hide gaps forming between teeth -- anyone tried to use it for that? My orthodonist told me I could do that if the gaps bothered me because the gaps they are creating (so they can cosmetically restore/ build up some of my saller teeth) are RIGHT IN FRONT.... ugh... and one of the gaps right now I could place 3 quarters in :shock:

Where could I find the white colored wax? I have seen the fun colors like green, orange, pink in dots. I have the minty clear stuff and I have seen that in the stores too. Is there really white wax out there??

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

It's called Pontic Wax and it's used (for example) in Invisalign aligners to fill in an empty aligner pocket if a tooth is missing or etc. It's more expensive than regular dental wax for some weird reason (twice the cost) which is why I don't sell it on my website.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Jex

#7 Post by Jex »

Hi! Where can I get Orthosil? that sounds great!

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

Jex

#8 Post by Jex »

thanks!

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

goldbraces09

brace eze

#9 Post by goldbraces09 »

Hi
I have been using a product called Brace Eze which is a clear gel but then turns white. I have found this a much better product that OrthoSil.