WaterPik Cordless-Opinions?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

FITeach

#16 Post by FITeach »

I've pretty much stopped using mine. It's true, the battery life is AWFUL!!!
I put rechargeable batteries in but it's still annoying. And water gets in the battery compartment and starts to rust the batteries. It's a wet piece of junk in my opinion.

BarbieGirl

#17 Post by BarbieGirl »

I bought a cordless waterpik and hated it at first. But now, I have learned how to use it and love it. The water drains fast but I am down to only refilling it once which I have to do in the kitchen sink because the unit is too big for my bathroom sink. That is probably my one gripe.
Top and bottom Braces on: July 7, 2008
Elastics on: July 31, 2008
Next appt: September 9, 2008

vjammiez

Loving the waterpik

#18 Post by vjammiez »

BarbieGirl wrote:I bought a cordless waterpik and hated it at first. But now, I have learned how to use it and love it.

After reading the reviews here, I went out and bought a cordless waterpik and it's been a journey. I still spray water everywhere on occasion :wink: but it's great to blast out food particles that I didn't even know was there! The flosser tool is great for the foods that I know I shouldn't have eaten and the ortho tool sprays and brushes around the brackets.

Most times I would put a little mouthwash in it for a blast of freshness and I always wipe the charger area with a qtip before I charge it to avoid wetness and later corrosion

It's wonderful and I too now love it. :jump: :jump: :jump:
I am a rock in a sea of chaos...
[/url]

dangerdude

#19 Post by dangerdude »

I bought a cordless unit in preparation for braces to be installed in Jan '09.

I have the Waterpik Ultra Cordless Dental Water Jet. Battery life is pretty good. But then again, I always recharge it every few days and keep the cord on the wall. It always blast out a bits of food brushing doesn't take care of. The size of it is about the size of a cleaning squirt bottle. I thought it would be smaller from product images online.

The Waterpik matches with my Sonicare FlexCare perfectly in color.

kie

#20 Post by kie »

Im so glad Im not the only one! I love my waterpiks but have had mega problems with the charging. Im currently on my 3rd in 12 months. Just sent an email to waterpik to ask for their advice

Airchie

#21 Post by Airchie »

I really like the rechargeable Water Pik - I think it's great for a quick clean up after meals.

One question to other owners though - what have you found is the best way to clean the water tank ?

I'd like to give it a clean since it'll have little bits of standing water in it throughout the day and the instructions don't seem to mention cleaning the unit itself.

Airchie

#22 Post by Airchie »

I e-mailed Water Pik and got this response (info for other users of the Cordless Ultra):
We recommend cleaning the unit with a vinegar and water solution.

1. Use 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to 500 ML of water.
2. Run about ½ of the solution through the unit and then stop and let stand for about 10 minutes (have jet tip in handle to stop leakage)
3. Run the remaining solution through and then follow with a full reservoir of clean water.

milliondollar

#23 Post by milliondollar »

so how are you supossed to charge it?