Flouride Rinse

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph in Sac

Flouride Rinse

#1 Post by Steph in Sac »

I started using ACT when I got my braces on (2 wks ago) and my top two teeth (not braced) are getting white spots. I thought the point of the flouride rinse was to avoid white spots. Anyone experience this?

daffodil

#2 Post by daffodil »

I've used ACT for years but I've never had anything like that happen.

Theresa48

#3 Post by Theresa48 »

I rinse with ACT too, but rinsed with it before braces too.
I also have notices some spots, but I think they might have already been there, I just never looked at my teeth quite as long and hard as I do now.

I am interested to see if others have this issue. Why would it cause white spots anyway?

Snowglobe32

#4 Post by Snowglobe32 »

I also use Act, for 8 months now, and I have no white spots. Are you using Act Total Care?

Your ortho can also give you a prescription for a flouride rinse. I am thinking about asking for one when I go in a couple of weeks. I have a powerchain, and I find that I can't really see what is going on under that thing- I hate it!

LC'sTeefs

#5 Post by LC'sTeefs »

I was told that "Act" has a particular type of flouride that can cause problems with your enamel if used too much. I switch from that to another mouthwash every day.

ashesgap

#6 Post by ashesgap »

My ortho gave me a floride gel that i brush on at night, after i floss, and brush. But in the morning i use Listerine...the purple one. A quick call to your dentist or ortho can help you decide if you want to stop using the ACT.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days