Killer Canker Sores

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

freshstart

Killer Canker Sores

#1 Post by freshstart »

:(

Hello,

Anyone have any good product recommendations or general tips on how to heal canker sores? The sores have really been the worse part of my braces adventure..

Thanks!

gary

#2 Post by gary »

I swear on my mother, these help without fail every single time. Braces or not. I can't explain it, and I don't really care....

http://www.boironusa.com/products.aspx?prodid=57

freshstart

#3 Post by freshstart »

Thanks so much. I wil let you know how they work

gary

#4 Post by gary »

No problem. Let me just say, they're homeopathic. So make of that what you will. They absolutely work for me, and I'm prone to canker sores. You've got nothing to lose. If you have a local health food store, check their vitamin isle. They may carry them....

freshstart

#5 Post by freshstart »

I found them!! Its says take 5 pellets 3X a day so here's hoping for speedy healing..

gary

#6 Post by gary »

I hope they work for you. If not, sorry......

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

Try Rincinol PRN mouthrinse. You can find it in most drugstores in the dental aisle, near the toothache remedies. It comes in a small bottle packaged inside a box.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

freshstart

#8 Post by freshstart »

Gary, IT WORKED!! The product you recommended did the trick. Within 24 hours I felt better. And I love that it has no side effects.

gary

#9 Post by gary »

That's awesome! Maybe keep using em at least for the rest of the day, just to be sure. I keep those suckers in stock.....

drpotter

#10 Post by drpotter »

I got these canker cover patches (http://www.cankercover.com/). Oh my they're heaven. They form this gel patch over the sore that stays for like 12 hours and it stops it from hurting/being irritated more by the brackets during that time and it heals while being covered.

Milinea

#11 Post by Milinea »

OMG I am sooo getting those canker cover thingies. I have HUGE ulcers in my mouth atm from TAD's. I got them 8 days ago and my cheeks envelope them when I close my mouth and my face is puffy. I went back to the OS who installed them today and he was like I have to stick it out and see if it gets better. I am sooo miserable :(

Milinea

#12 Post by Milinea »

Hokay, so I got the canker covers and I feel sooo much better. I put them in last night and felt much better this morning, and less puffy too. My sores aren't completely gone, but they were HUGE so I imagine it'll take a bit for them to heal. Bonus that the canker covers kind of make a pad to keep the TAD's from rubbing. I highly recommend these things :D