Listerine whitening mouthwash

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Retrogirl82

Listerine whitening mouthwash

#1 Post by Retrogirl82 »

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? I have and it seems to be making a slight difference. It makes my mouth extremely dry, though :shock:
I'm gonna marry Jake Gyllenhaal...he just doesn't know it yet ;) :)

CelestialVoices

#2 Post by CelestialVoices »

I actually just saw a coupon for it yesterday in the paper, but I don't know if I would try it or not.

i814u2c

#3 Post by i814u2c »

Hope it is still around when I get my braces off. You should not use whitening products while the braces are on, unless you have the lingual or the tray types.
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04

yankee boy

#4 Post by yankee boy »

I just bought a bottle of the listerine whitening today. Im gonna use it tomorrow because thats when I get my braces off.

Hello Kitty

#5 Post by Hello Kitty »

I've been using this for over a year. I asked my Ortho. about it and he says it was fine to use with braces. I didn't experience any significant whitening, whatsoever. This product does foam up, so it works well in cleaning your mouth and disloging food particles, so brushing them away is easier.
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06

Kell

#6 Post by Kell »

Before I had braces I used it for a little while and thought it was making me lose my sense of taste so I stopped for two months. I tried it again and it did the same thing. It made my tongue feel like I had burned it on something hot and the sense of taste went away. Thank goodness my sense of taste came back after I stopped using it.

I do think it worked to whiten my teeth a little bit but it wasn't worth not being able to taste.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Iceolated

#7 Post by Iceolated »

All these whitening products use some form of bleach or hydrogen peroxide. With H2O2 the stronger the concentration the quicker it whitens, but higher concnetrations irritate gums, cheeks etc.

I had used the Listerene whitening for a while but to be able to use it every time before brushing (such as the package says) it must be a very low concentration of H2O2. With such a low conenctration it will take quite a while for teeth to start to lighen up.

For as much of the mouthwash one would have to buy and use to get their teeth 3 or 4 shades lighter, I think I'll stick with a gel whitening paste. I gave up on it a couple of weeks ago. It jus sits on a shelf now.

Ice

Metal uppers May 2, 2006
Metal lowers September 12, 2006
Finally Nekkid July 11, 2007

With braces - pain is gain...

Some things money can't buy.
Thank God great looking teeth aren't one of them.

“But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love foreverâ€