(regarding DentaKit.com) What else would you like to see?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Scott

#16 Post by Scott »

There was some discussion a while back about a water pik that was better than all the rest, because it used sonic waves or something funky like that. Apparently the only place you could get it was off of one web site and it was very pricey (>$125 USD). If you're familiar with what I'm trying to describe, you might want to try contacting the distributor and offering a lower price and better shipping. If these things truly are the best you can get, then I think you would do well distributing these... and I think we'd all appreciate a better place to get them from.
Braces on: 04-09-18
Braces off: 06-03-18 (or so)

waxqueen

How about novelty

#17 Post by waxqueen »

Tee-shirts.

I have Google my little heart out looking for an orthodontic themed t-shirt. All I found was a couple on a vintage website and an iron on.

I just want a simple smile face with braces and maybe a cute saying- or personalization of "date to come off".

There must be clever artsy types out there who can design them.

How about " No, I'm not too old!" :roll:

If you make them I will surely order it!
Her Royal Majesty - The Queen of Wax

Tops and Bottoms-Nov. 23, 2004
ETR - 18 months-It'll be a miracle if I make it!!

#18 Post by Guest »

hey waxqueen, a neat idea. :tingrin:

Lynn, how about a "sample" box. A few different threaders, different types of floss, little things that cost when you have to buy in the quantity that they sell. I know there are things I would like to try, but I don't want 50 of them, if I don't like them. Example: the threader that my orthodontist gave me in my "goodie bag". I found I really like them because they are curved - makes for easier grabing. But, I haven't tried the Gum ones to compare them too. (Too late for me, I already ordered the threader I like). If you would like a sample, I would be happy to send you a few to check out. Thanks

cdwright

#19 Post by cdwright »

Kristine wrote:
The travel-sized toothpaste surprises me.
I looked for some before a recent vacation, and it was *more expensive* than the regular sized tube! :x So if you could sell it at a fair price, I bet people would buy it from you.

Then again, I'm in Canada, so maybe it's different in the US...

Tom's of Maine sells 1 oz toothpaster samplers kits, and my guess would be that those would be small enough to go anywhere. I am not knocking dentakit, i have purchased four of them to store various places, but I have to admit, I reall enjoy the taste of Tom's toothpaste flavors. They have gingermint, which is excellent and fennel, which is also wonderful. Other companies do not have these and in a 1 oz tube that will go anywhere.

I guess another trick i use is to take your bigger tubes that are about 2/3 empty and use them for travel.

#20 Post by Guest »

Hi Lynn, sorry my last post wasn't directed specifically at Dentakit. :oops: It was more a post for you Dentakit site - the extra stuff that you sell....

Chris

#21 Post by Chris »

A smaller collapsible plastic cup instead of that larger cup.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Princess

#22 Post by Princess »

I agree about the cup. Something smaller would be great. And, a little carrying case for a toothbrush and paste would be nice, as well. Even though I've been without braces for about a month, I still haven't gotten over my habit of brushing after each meal. The kit is a little larger than I now need, as I don't have to carry all of the stuff with me that I did when I had the braces. Thanks!

wax

#23 Post by wax »

I have yet to meet a collapsible cup that I like. I was using them to water the dog away from home.

Tom's of Maine is the best! I sometimes treat myself to Silly Strawberry (the kids flavor).

Some drugstores have sample aisles. Tiny mouthwash, teeny toothpaste, etc. My fav mini toothpaste is orange flavored and burns the heck out of my mouth (for some reason, that is a plus).

swan

#24 Post by swan »

I'd like to second the idea of the travel sized Tom's of Maine toothpaste. At home I only use Tom's of Maine, but for the office etc when I don't want to lug around a big tube, I have to use whatever travel-sized one I can find :cry:
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

martindw

#25 Post by martindw »

How about disposable, PRE-PASTED toothbrushes. When I go to a restaurant, i'm willing to carry a toothbrush in my pocket, that I can use after eating and then throw away.

I do not want to also carry a tube of toothpaste with me.

P.S. I'm a guy, and do not have a purse to carry all my do-dads around with me everywhere I go.
Last edited by martindw on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martindw

#26 Post by martindw »

I found these on the internet over the weekend, and haven't been able to stop thinking about the wax-free comfort they might provide.

http://www.orthotechnology.com/New_Prod ... _Cover.cfm

swan

#27 Post by swan »

martindw wrote:I found these on the internet over the weekend, and haven't been able to stop thinking about the wax-free comfort they might provide.

http://www.orthotechnology.com/New_Prod ... _Cover.cfm
Yes, these look wonderful, especially for the activities they are suggesting. I may take up playing the trumpet again and they may even help when singing (Even though I'm usually fine otherwise, my lower lip is having a tough time after a whole afternoon of singing).:singing:

I'm in Pasadena, just like you martindw :-1
Metal braces from March 24, 2005 until July 30, 2007. Estimate was 18-24 months, but I had them for 28 months.

**shinyhappybraceface**

#28 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

I posted elsewhere, but I figured I'd catch you one place or the other -

I'd love it if you could carry some travel-sized toothpaste for sensitive teeth (Crest Sensitivity or Sensodyne) - I can't find it anywhere!!

Thanks!
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

JN_Woods

Sensodyne travel toothpaste

#29 Post by JN_Woods »

I found some travel sized Sensodyne toothpaste at Walgreens, so maybe check there, but if it was offered through Dentakit.com I would buy it there instead to save myself a trip.

Jen

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months