Reach Access Flosser?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

CelestialVoices

Reach Access Flosser?

#1 Post by CelestialVoices »

Ok, so I don't have braces yet (things won't even get started until mid October) but I bought the Reach Access Flosser today to try out and see what it was like. I admit I don't floss like I should (it hurts and stuff) plus I have a bit of trouble doing it because of mild CP. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks! :)
CV

**shinyhappybraceface**

#2 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

I hate flossing. I've always hated it, but I've always done it after every meal.

Now that I have braces, I hate it even more. It's necessary...you wouldn't believe the crud these stupid braces hold on to. I rinse with water three or four times after I eat something and generally brush and floss then, too. Even after rinsing, brushing and rinsing again, I still get gunk with the floss. It's so nasty. :oops:

I would say that anything that makes it even remotely easier to floss is very much worth it. That being said, the problem that you may run into is that the majority of flossers don't have the ability to go underneath the archwire, which is the only way to floss with braces (unless there's something someone knows that I don't...). I'm not sure if the Reach one has an open end to slip under the archwire or not, but you may not be able to use it with braces if it doesn't.

I've had a tremendous amount of luck with the Crest Glide Threader Floss. I can't get the other flossers thru the tight space to do two of my bottom teeth. I've tried both the Oral-B Super Floss and the GUM Floss Threaders (I was hoping to be able to use this with my regular floss as I prefer it) and neither worked for me. Hopefully once I've gained some space on my lower arch, I'll be able to use the GUM Threader and my regular floss. :roll:
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

CelestialVoices

#3 Post by CelestialVoices »

thanks for the info shiny :)

CelestialVoices

#4 Post by CelestialVoices »

Wow, I used that after I brushed my teeth and it works great! It's very easy for me to get between all my teeth. A couple top teeth bled a bit but I expect that will go away as I floss more often? My dentist was right in recommending this. (shame on me for not flossing til now!) :(

**shinyhappybraceface**

#5 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

Yes, as you floss more regularly, your teeth should bleed less often.

Congratulations on finding something that works for you! :D
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

CelestialVoices

#6 Post by CelestialVoices »

Thanks :D at least I can use this until I get my braces then I may have to resort to something different.

birkie63

Reach Access

#7 Post by birkie63 »

I discovered the Reach Access while I was in the Herbst appliance. I thought it was fantastic and was flossing regularly with it...unfortunately I can't use it with my new braces :( I definitely plan on using it again once the braces are off! I mentioned it to my dental hygenist, telling her how great I thought it was and easy to get to the back teeth; they now have samples at the office :D

Vicki
Wyoming

Herbst Appliance 01/2004 - 09/2005
Damon 3 Braces 09/2005 - ?

CelestialVoices

#8 Post by CelestialVoices »

Yep, I actually signed up for the free sample but then went out and bought one that same day...DOH I guess I just had this urge to start flossing heh.

CelestialVoices

#9 Post by CelestialVoices »

I've thought about getting that brush with the tongue cleaner on it, but since I use an electric toothbrush, it'd just be better to buy an actual tongue cleaner huh? :P

geekgirl

#10 Post by geekgirl »

I absolutely love my reach access flosser. My only beef is the price of refills seems relatively high, but I bought them anyway, so I guess they won ;)

I'll be sad when i have to give it up when the braces go on :(
Waiting for life to settle down a bit before committing to 3 years of braces, lower jaw surgery, crowns and some whitening.