WHITE ARCH WIRE

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

wmills

WHITE ARCH WIRE

#1 Post by wmills »

I've had my braces since March 12, 2015. I brush quite frequently, and today, I noticed the white peeling off of my arch wire. Not real happy with that. Oh, I have ceramic on top and traditional on bottom. I would just prefer to have the regular arch wire if that's going to happen. Has anyone else experienced this?
WendyC

rachelb

Re: WHITE ARCH WIRE

#2 Post by rachelb »

Hey Wendy!
During my extensive research on braces I did come upon this problem of the white layer peeling off the archwire. When it is first put on, it does indeed look better than a metal one, but it does tend to chip off especially if the teeth have a lot to move.

4foot10

Re: WHITE ARCH WIRE

#3 Post by 4foot10 »

Yes, I started with a white wire, within 2 weeks I was back in my otho's office asking for a metal wire. I was going to have to eventually get used to metal wires since the white wires can only be used in initial start of treatment.

Im sorry you are having the same chipping issue :ThumbsDown: