Floss Popper? Anyone?

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Floss Popper? Anyone?

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

Has anyone's ortho ever given them a Floss Popper? If so, did it do the job well and make flossing any easier?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Shelby014

floss popper?

#2 Post by Shelby014 »

whats a floss popper?
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

TuZZi

#3 Post by TuZZi »

I've read about them on other webpages, about orthos giving them out, but I have no idea what it is either.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

CelestialVoices

#4 Post by CelestialVoices »

I tried doing a Google search for floss popper and the only results I got were for popcorn and candy floss (cotton candy)....

fyzixnerd

#5 Post by fyzixnerd »

The Flosspopper (one word) is great. I used one the whole time I had braces. I tried threading once, and I can totally understand why some kids just don't floss when they have braces (yuck!). I could honestly floss my entire mouth in 1 minute. There's a picture of one here:
http://www.practicon.com/modperl/practi ... bcat_id=41

The small support fits behind the arch wire and in front of the teeth. The larger support holds the floss behind the teeth.

You first slide the small support behind the arch wire with the floss loose. Once in place, you can pull on the take up end of the floss and it "pops" the floss into place between your teeth. You can then floss like normal, scraping either tooth. When you're done, you just slide the Flosspopper out of the space and move on.

I got so hooked on using this this tool to floss, I continued using it for about a year after getting my braces off. I would've went crazy without it while I had braces. Not flossing isn't an option in my book, I think that's quite disgusting. So I would've been one of those people you spends 15 minutes threading each space. What a pain in the butt!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. Oh, and if you Google it as "Flosspopper", one word, you will find a few sites with the product.

Teigyr

#6 Post by Teigyr »

Lynn,

Are you going to carry these? I websearched and it looks awesome. I just can't find anybody who doesn't sell them in bulk. I'd definitely buy this if you offered it!

Jane

CelestialVoices

#7 Post by CelestialVoices »

fyzixnerd wrote:The Flosspopper (one word) is great. I used one the whole time I had braces. I tried threading once, and I can totally understand why some kids just don't floss when they have braces (yuck!). I could honestly floss my entire mouth in 1 minute. There's a picture of one here:
http://www.practicon.com/modperl/practi ... bcat_id=41

The small support fits behind the arch wire and in front of the teeth. The larger support holds the floss behind the teeth.

You first slide the small support behind the arch wire with the floss loose. Once in place, you can pull on the take up end of the floss and it "pops" the floss into place between your teeth. You can then floss like normal, scraping either tooth. When you're done, you just slide the Flosspopper out of the space and move on.

I got so hooked on using this this tool to floss, I continued using it for about a year after getting my braces off. I would've went crazy without it while I had braces. Not flossing isn't an option in my book, I think that's quite disgusting. So I would've been one of those people you spends 15 minutes threading each space. What a pain in the butt!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. Oh, and if you Google it as "Flosspopper", one word, you will find a few sites with the product.
Thanks Fyzixnerd, I'll look this up now that I know how to search for it :)

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#8 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

Have any of you tried WaterPik Power Flosser?
I'm having real problems flossing.
Braced Sept-27-05

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#9 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

I dont know, I was hoping someone here uses it, and I could get some more info.
They have them on ebay :D
Braced Sept-27-05

bbsadmin

#10 Post by bbsadmin »

I'm thinking about carrying it. I might actually get a bunch and give them away to a few people to see if they work well. I don't want to sell something that doesn't really work. We have one good story (above) from a reader, and so far, that's encouraging!

I'm always looking for helpful gadgets or products. If any of you ever come across something you really like, let me know. There are some things I can't properly evaluate since my teeth are now naked! :wink:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

KJM

#11 Post by KJM »

Lynn,
Are you going to carry these? They look very interesting. I have tried flossfish but like KK I have some touble getting them in a few spots.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

KJM

#12 Post by KJM »

Thanks KK for the info. :)
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007