WHICH TOOTHBRUSH????

Love your electric toothbrush? Hate that yucky mouthwash? Can't live without that terrific threader floss? Got a fave canker sore remedy? Here's where you can post your opinions and reviews of specific products relating to dental hygiene and your braces. Tell others what works....and what doesn't!

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

WHICH TOOTHBRUSH????

#1 Post by gracie381 »

I will be getting my braces on next Thursday and I still can't decide which toothbrush is the best. I've heard so many talk about the Sonicare, but it is so expensive. My teeth are pretty crowded, so I want to be sure I get the right one. I will buy the Sonicare if it truly is the best. Please let me know which one is the best?? I'll appreciate your input. Thanks.
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

**shinyhappybraceface**

#2 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

I bought the Oral-B complete and am fairly happy with it. I got a great deal at Sam's Club. I suppose I still prefer my manual brush - my teeth feel cleaner after I've used it. Sometimes I brush with one and then the other. I don't think the expensive electric brush does nearly as well. The only benefit I've seen is that I can prove that I've brushed "long enough" - I think I was brushing longer with the manual one, though.
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

LiveWire

#3 Post by LiveWire »

Hey Gracie381!

Just wanted to let you know that I purchased the Oral B Puslar ($10.00) or so and it vibrates in your mouth (has a little on and off button on the handle) and although I am sure it might not do quite the job that the other very expensive electric/sonic toothbrushes do, I was VERY :D pleased with it and could not believe how clean my teeth felt. I had it before I was braced and loved it...and I believe it does a great job.... :)

Just my opinion for you to consider...hope it helps...

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

tkais

#4 Post by tkais »

Crest Spinbrush works very well too, and not as expensive. I love mine!

CelestialVoices

#5 Post by CelestialVoices »

I have a Sonicare Elite Pro which I bought from my dentist and I like it alot, I plan to use it when I'm braced as well.

gracie381

#6 Post by gracie381 »

Thanks so much for all your responses. I have a Crest Spinbrush, and I seem to like it pretty well, but where I'm from it's hard to find the replacement brushes. I really would like to try the new Oral B one, but not sure if I want to spend that much money. One more question, what about the water irrigators? Are they worth purchasing?? Sorry for so many questions. I just want to be prepared!!

LiveWire

#7 Post by LiveWire »

Hi again Gracie381,

I was really set on purchasing one...but from what I have heard they konk out on you after only a couple of weeks and are not all that they are kicked up to be...but it is certainly a personal choice...Being braced for only two days I am finding that flossing and brushing with interdental brushes and my regular toothbrush as well as mouthwashes is sufficient for me. :D

But many people love the irrigators...just the Waterpik ones seems to be something that alot of people have complained about.... :cry:

Enjoy life to the fullest and take chances! :0)

tkais

#8 Post by tkais »

I bought my waterpic a few weeks before my braces went on and have been using it faithfully for the last 15 months. Haven't had any problems with mine. Makes my teeth and gums feel so clean.

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#9 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

Sonicare is very cool, I've been using one for 3 years
Braced Sept-27-05

Carly58

#10 Post by Carly58 »

It's been 2 weeks now. It seems I just can't get my teeth clean enough. So, I researched from all of these postings, and finally made my decision (mostly from the looks of it). I went out last night and bought an Oral B Sonic Complete....Target $118.00. Yikes ! I have to tell you, I'm not that impressed, and really thought I would be. Although, I haven't used any other electric toothbrush, and don't have anything to go on except my regular tooth brush. I do like the vibrations and I'm sure it is very good for the gums, so I will continue to use it. It's got this massage feature that I like. I also use a Waterpic after brushing, which I love. Don't know about the Sonicare, but from the looks of it, it doesn't look as sturdy, plus I liked the style of the Oral B's bristles.

Hope this helps...happy brushing. :-}

Class II Overbite
Full Braces 9/28/05

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#11 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

I use sonicare it works great
Braced Sept-27-05

gracie381

#12 Post by gracie381 »

I went with the Sonicare Elite e7300 series, and I absolutely love it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but I feel it was well worth the purchase. Thanks for all your responses!